Smaller BBQ for grilling

Weber 18" Charcoal Kettle grill. 22" if you want more space.

If I don't have time to start some charcoal, I don't have time to grill.

A chimney starter and your favorite flavor of charcoal. My default is Kingsford Professional. Starts fast, great flavor.

No gas to refill, no burners to rust out, more even heat (with the right amount of charcoal) and flavor. A gas grill has the same taste as pan frying or boiling. Smoke = flavor.

Well, next time I'll buy a "lifetime grill" I'll make sure I buy a high-quality one that's made out of cast iron or something, to make sure I live a long time.:)

"they don't make'em that way any more"... :D

I am enjoying my new table top BBQ. It's at least twice the grilling area of the old BBQ, has two burners and runs off the refillable propane containers. I have a 5# container and a 1# container for use when away from home. Very nice.

The only issue I have is how to properly clean the grills and the interior of the BBQ. Needless to say it get very greasy. Any tools or cleaners that people can recommend to ease the cleaning chore? Thanks.
I line mine with aluminum foil under the grates, get grill mats for the top from Amazon about $8 for 5 or 6 of them they ladt me about a year. Mats still need cleaned but are easy, for the crusty stuff i use the bark of a tree [emoji16]

I usually just drive down my street right after Father's day and pick up the first good looking one at the curb. Last one even came with a tank that was half filled!
Thanks!
:flowers:

Any gas grill:

1) Before using, preheat on max until any residual grease burns off. This will be evident when smoking stops. Should be less than a few minutes if you religiously follow step 2...

2) After using, ( immediately, while still hot ) remove all residue from grill grates with wire brush or similar grill cleaning tool and allow a minute or two on high heat to burn off any remaining excess grease.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

No muss, no fuss.

It's almost "self-cleaning" really and your grill will remain clean and ready for inspection at any time.

Or...you could just do nothing, burn and/or ruin the flavor of a lot of dinners with grease fires, complain about " The Stupid Grill ", and buy a new one every year.

That's what most people do.

:)

Last edited:
"they don't make'em that way any more"... :D
My second grill was cast aluminum with stainless steel innards. They truly don't make them anymore. The cost got prohibitive. I changed the innards 3 times in 24 years. Always outdoors.

Back
Top Bottom