Snow and Retirement

A Kerosene heater or two is always handy in an extended power outage to make sure your pipes don't freeze. they will run for 12 to 24 hours on a fill up.
I have one of those too....that used to be the primary heat source in my workshop for a long time (now I use three 150watt infrared heat lamps and a small ceramic electric heater that I run on low at about 750watts....those will take the shop from 35° to 60° in about 40-45 minutes....it's extremely well insulated!)

My step-father worked at a Water Sanitation Plant and I agree that you earned your retirement pension, Goonie. He showed me his place of work one time and it would not have been the job for me. I sure am glad that people are willing to do it, though.

I also keep plenty of food and supplies at the house. However, I just cleaned out my food pantry and lazy susan over the weekend and had to throw away quite a few expired food items. I was appalled at the waste. I definitely need to do a better job of moving items from the back to the front and of knowing what I have before purchasing more.

Goonie, I hate to wish my life away, but I can't wait until the days until Spring is in the 20s or 30s. Keep on counting!

.....Goonie, I hate to wish my life away, but I can't wait until the days until Spring is in the 20s or 30s. Keep on counting!

OK.....let's see......um.......er.......Oh Yeah!!!! Only 75 days 'til Spring!!! :flowers:

(I was outside sticking tomato cages in the ground today!!! But that was only 'cause I put them over some shrubs, and then wrapped burlap around them to keep the shrubs from getting winter leaf burn from the sun & wind! Hahaha!!!)

WhoDaresWins said:
;885868 Up here in western PA(other than the schools) a state of emergency would have to be announced before my state agency let us go.

You mean you get to have off if there's a State of Emergency. Here, the Governor declared a State of Emergency once last month and I stayed home because of it. The next work day I found out I got an unexcused absence for that day. So much for safety first. :nonono:

When we lived in Central OH, we didn't get much snow; only once in a while. I used to hate it because it made my commute three times as long. After we retired, we moved to NE Ohio and we have lots of snow every year so far. I love every minute of it. We have a least a foot of snow now and its a beautiful winter wonderland. Its fun to take the dogs out for a walk; our golden retriever especially loves the snow and his big thing is rolling around in it. We don't run the snow blower until DH feels like it; if we have to go out for something, we have a 4-wheel drive truck. So we're happy here and enjoying it very much.

I could live the rest of my life without seeing snow and be fine. ;)

Back
Top Bottom