So the Wife Went and Filled Up Her Tank......

FYI: In many cases like this, the claim would be turned over to your auto insurance company who would pay to fix the car.

They then would make claim to the petroleum jobber that was responsible for the transportation of the fuel. Their employee made the mistake of putting diesel in the wrong tank--or offloading from the wrong hose.

I received the check and they included reimbursement for the fuel (the diesel that was purchased and then drained). It wasn't much money but considering I didn't even make a claim for the fuel (my oversight), I felt that was pretty honorable of BP to include it.
I appreciate everyone's advice. Thank you

I received the check and they included reimbursement for the fuel (the diesel that was purchased and then drained). It wasn't much money but considering I didn't even make a claim for the fuel (my oversight), I felt that was pretty honorable of BP to include it.
I appreciate everyone's advice. Thank you

Sounds like they treated you right. Considering that they are just the name on the station, and probably 3 parties removed from physical responsibility, that was pretty fair (and quick).

Seems if they designed fuel dispensers with a sight glass, this problem could be easily avoided. I believe diesel is green, off road diesel is red and gas is clear.

Back
Top Bottom