So Who Folded and bought an IPad?

I bought the iPad 2 on the release date and I absolutely love it! I used my final bonus check prior to my retirement on May 6th. I use the iPad for this forum (there is an ER app). I also use it for email, watching netflix when I am cooking, plus the various recipe apps. I use every day. It is my favorite "toy". ;)

I am curious about the videos. Do you stream them? Download them? Free? Purchased? I have thought about using a pad or my Nook Color for videos for watching on planes but I haven't paid much attention to sources. I am particularly interested in free sources -- after all, I am ERd. :)
Pretty much all free so far. I am mostly watching YouTube videos. These are streamed, obviously, so not easy to watch on a plane. Some of the other sites now support the iPad video formats, so some of them I watch from Safari, but they work just like the YouTube Ap.

Audrey

iPad thumb syndrome?

If we had two more hands (maybe branching off from our current elbows), it would make typing on the iPad a breeze. They could fold up against the current arm and hand until needed, then be pulled out and activated when an iPad is being used.
This is funny. I actually type using my two index fingers with my iPad propped on my lap. Al has and iPod Touch so that is a little easier to hold in two hands and type with thumbs.

If he has an ipad2 or a Mac with a camera, and you got an ipad2, you could use FaceTime to see that new grandbaby! ...anytime.

R
This is what we do in our family. We all have Macs with built-in cameras and video chat is a built-in feature. It's easy to visit family in Amsterdam via video chat and great for the new baby nephew. It's great for my 80-year-old Dad who just now got his first grandchild, but born across the pond.

And if I upgrade to iPad2, the built-in cameras will be one of the reasons.

Back
Top Bottom