Social Security Question

and just to make sure all of the eggs are in the basket all lined up...

When you turn 65 SS will garnish your SS check for the amount you will owe for medicare monthly payments.... and its no more Family health care... its individual healthcare..
so the younger spouse will be on a separate health care plan than the spouse that is 65 or older... so if your like us, your health care monthly payments will go up when one of you turns 65...:mad:

Pretty off topic and again not true for everyone..

Dix, I am 65 this year and DH 60. We can keep my health insurance until he is 65. We just have to sign up for part A and B.

I have been to the SS site, guess I need to brush up on all the Abbreviations that you guys use here some place else and then return. Do not dare ask here, They are NOT well known to me. Thanks for your fast and rude reply invinsfan. But then again EVERYONE should know that you do not get a dime from SS till you reach at least 62. Right?? We all live and learn then die and forget it all.

Last edited:
and just to make sure all of the eggs are in the basket all lined up...

When you turn 65 SS will garnish your SS check for the amount you will owe for medicare monthly payments.... and its no more Family health care... its individual healthcare..
so the younger spouse will be on a separate health care plan than the spouse that is 65 or older... so if your like us, your health care monthly payments will go up when one of you turns 65...:mad:

The older spouse did not have someone twisting their arm saying that they had to sign up did they? Definitely not the SSA doing it. Its generally better---but you don't have to. If you had an employer plan, they may have forced you to sign up according to their policies--not SSA.

I like the idea that they will "garnish" ,using your term, the premium. Without that "garnish", using your term, you would be at risk for higher premiums each fall when the rate is set.:facepalm:

I have been to the SS site, guess I need to brush up on all the Abbreviations that you guys use here some place else and then return. Do not dare ask here, They are NOT well known to me. Thanks for your fast and rude reply invinsfan. But then again EVERYONE should know that you do not get a dime from SS till you reach at least 62. Right?? We all live and learn then die and forget it all.

did you really take that as rude, you said you did not understand the abbreviations and I pointed you to a couple places where you could brush up on them and not feel like we were "as bad as texting teenagers" .

There is a ton of valuable advice here about SS but to really benefit from reading it you need to understand the lingo.

Check out this thread with common abbreviations used here:
http://www.early-retirement.org/for...slang-frequently-used-on-the-forum-34884.html

Back
Top Bottom