Special Package arrived today

Brewer, congrats to you and Mrs. Brewer!

Your new little package is such a darling, and her eyes in the photos seem so alert for a newborn.

Congrats, Brewer! She was born on the same day as me (June 15).

Congratulations! Just in time for Father's Day. What a special bundle of joy. Enjoy each moment --

She was born the same day as me too!
Congrats Brewer! She's a cutie!

She' s a cutie! Congratulations to you and your family!

Thanks for all the well wishes, guys. We are back home now and everyone appears to be doing well.

What I did on my summer vacation...

Congratulations Brewer!

Beautiful baby girl with a unique and lovely name, Lorelai . . . sounds melodic. Someone should write a song for her. I envy the lucky girls in your family - they have a smart hubby/daddy.

Toejam

I've been away fora while, but just saw your post - congratulations!

Brewer, Congratulations to you and your wife. Another lovely daughter!  Flipstress is right, look at the love in her eyes looking at you!

Ha

Congratulations on Lorelai!  I've been gone for a few days and missed the announcement.  Enjoy your family Brewer.  And don't work too hard chasing FIRE.

Brewer,

How are things man?  Just saw your post- belated Congrats! Many sleepless nights i am sure..  We are planning for our first child in 2007 so i am trying to psyche myself up for the obvious tasks at hand- diaper changing and occasional sleep walking.  :D

Duke

MB, you'll take to it quickly enough, I am sure. Takes a little practice (and lots of coffee), but well worth the effort.

brewer12345 said:
MB, you'll take to it quickly enough, I am sure. Takes a little practice (and lots of coffee), but well worth the effort.

I'm lost, are we talking about making the baby or changing diapers here?

Cuz I dont remember drinking any coffee when making the baby, and have learned to keep coffee away from the baby while diapering...

:D

:D that's funny stuff! I already on 2-3 cups a day at work so a few more at night shouldn't be a problem-changing diapers that is! ::)

Its not at night when you need the coffee; its when you have to go to work the next day. I'm starting to feel like the main character in "Fight Club": When you have insomnia, you're never really awake. Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy...

Ha ha...you'll get sleep again. In 20-25 years.

Fun tip for those newborns. They tend to like to pee on you when you're in the middle of a diaper change...cool air hitting their usually diaper covered 'parts' is often the culprit. Gabe used to pee at me 98% of the time when he was 0-~5 months old.

I learned that if I wet a finger and used it to wet his belly button before I removed the diaper, then blew gently on it, the cool air hitting the wet belly button made him pee immediately and INSIDE the diaper.

Costco and Sams Club sell diapers under their own names very inexpensively. The costco ones are rebranded huggies or pampers and are really nice. The sams ones sell for a lot less but while being good quality, they dont have a lot of elasticity in the waist and I like that. We paid about $28 for the ~220 count costco and $19 for the same size sams club diapers. Super cheap.

While you're there, check out their baby formula. They're both rebranded Enfamil at half the cost. I prefer the costco version as it comes in two smaller cans rather than sams clubs one giant tall can.

Trying to decide whether to change my name to "diaper daddy" or "soccer mom"...:p ;)

Heh, the benefits of havng two girls...

I'm with you on that Brewer! Projectile peeing with a max range of maybe 1"!

Walmart's "Parent's Choice" diapers, wipes, and formula all worked wonderfully for us. In fact, we prefer the walmart brand diapers and formula over the name brands. We couldn't tell a difference in the wipes (but guess which one is 50% cheaper? :D ). Try it!

Back
Top Bottom