Superbowl

Free To Canoe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This thread is for any thoughts about the upcoming superbowl in Tampa.

Planning on going?

Planning on watching?

Watching the game or the commercials (maybe we have some marketing types here)?

Planning a party?

Free to canoe

Steelers have to be favored. I plan to watch, probably at one of my kids' houses. I hate the Superbowl because it means the end of football for 6 months.

BTW, I am sure am glad to hear that Willie McGahee is recovering OK from that brutal hit. These guys are getting too big and too fast.

Ha

Great snacks and anyone who wants to drop in will have yummy munchies and a beverage or three of their choice. The bar is always stocked.

Tampa papers and Craig's List are crammed with people renting out their houses for $2000 per night. Latest ticket prices are in the $900 range.

All kinds of RV sites for $250 per night, lots within walking distance of the stadium. Last year a a Buccaneer game, the local strip club mogul got busted for selling lap dances in an RV right in the stadium parking lot.

We'll probably be out of town. Steelers by 10.

Steelers have to be favored. I plan to watch, probably at one of my kids' houses. I hate the Superbowl because it means the end of football for 6 months.

BTW, I am sure am glad to hear that Willie McGahee is recovering OK from that brutal hit. These guys are getting too big and too fast.

Ha

Yea,
The McGahee hit really took some of the fun out of the victory. I'm not sure how those guys can go out and play again after something like that happens.

Ditto about football season ending.

Yes I am pretty proud of my Steelers. I picked them to have only 8 wins at the start of the season. They played the toughest schedule this year and still came up winners. I guess they are the best team in football this year. I guess we will know for sure after the Superbowl.

I will not be going south unless some mircle happens and I get ticket at face value. Plan on watching at home.

Go Steelers!

Free

We'll be watching, though I don't really have any interest in either team. (Actually can't stand the "Stillers"...ack.)

Going to a friends house since, being in Phoenix, there are a few people who aren't Steelers fans.

PM on the way!:greetings10:
REW, if the directions take you northbound, you can pick me up along the way...

Seriously, though, we're just hanging out at a friends house and [-]drinking copious quantities of beer[/-] having a low-key get-together with a few folks we know in town.

We will definitely be watching it and cheering on the Steelers. We will have family over for it. Go Steelers!!!

I'm not sure. Here are the directions from her PM:
I'm beginning to get a little suspicious she wasn't serious about the invitation. Especially this part:"The bar is always stocked."...

You got the directions now! I will make a BEVMO run too!

I went to a party last year and it was fun. Great food and a great game. Haven't heard if the same couple are planning another party this year. Hmmmm maybe they are and I'm not invited! I probably ate too much food. :(

I'm pulling for AZ. Always love an underdog.:)

I went to a party last year and it was fun. Great food and a great game. Haven't heard if the same couple are planning another party this year. Hmmmm maybe they are and I'm not invited! I probably ate too much food. :(

I'm pulling for AZ. Always love an underdog.:)

Got nobody to watch it with, but I'll put it up on the big screen HD and cheer for the Cards. I'm not a fan, but I always thought Kurt Warner was a class act, rare in the NFL these days. Gots a million friends back in NoVA who are Steelers fans, but I just can't bring myself to root for a team that would cut the greatest quarterback in history - Johnny Unitas! How's that for holding a grudge? :D

I love the Superbowl, even though I don't watch it. You can get a great table in any restaurant that doesn't have a TV, once it has started. Surprisingly, in the past it has been a good time to go grocery shopping. No crowds.

Back
Top Bottom