T-Mobile international speed plan

Back.

Good trip.

To this thread - while my wife's TMobile connect phone worked fine without a higher data rate plan, it was not sufficient for navigation using Waze or Google Maps. It also did not work well for web browsing. She is insisting on spending the $50 for 30 days next trip.

My $50 plan started when it was supposed to and terminated when it was supposed to. it work quite well - not as consistent as my US TMobile coverage or speed, but sufficient for web browsing and for navigation.

To this thread - while my wife's TMobile connect phone worked fine without a higher data rate plan, it was not sufficient for navigation using Waze or Google Maps. It also did not work well for web browsing. She is insisting on spending the $50 for 30 days next trip.

My $50 plan started when it was supposed to and terminated when it was supposed to. it work quite well - not as consistent as my US TMobile coverage or speed, but sufficient for web browsing and for navigation.

Yes, on my last trip a few months ago I used the $50 plan and was very glad I did. I actually used nearly all of the high speed data I bought, partly due to facetime calls but also lots of navigation in many places. Some of my trip was on a cruise ship with wifi, but if we were anywhere near land I got far better service on cellular.

T-Mobile worked great overseas until a hiccup in Amsterdam which was resolved quickly when DB reminded us of the Reset Network trick. That fixed it.

The last time we needed to do that was in 2016 so we had forgotten all about it! :facepalm:

We used less than 2G high speed international data each, so didn’t buy any extra.

The T-Mobile WiFi worked on all our flights coming and going too. Handy!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom