T-Mobile Connect, $15/month prepaid

SJhawkins

Recycles dryer sheets
I forget where I saw this, could have been here!

To make a long story longer we have been using T-mobile's Connect Pre paid Connect plan (previously we paid by the minute for voice and text with no data) for the past few months.

Plan https://www.t-mobile.com/news/offers/tmobile-connect-launch

Happy to report it has been working very well for us low usage data folk. The data will increases 500mb/year until 2025 (I think), currently we are capped at 2.5gigs, I typically have a good 2 gigs left unused/month.

At $15/month it a good deal for us!

I use Mint Mobile which uses the same T-Mobile network.

Same $15 but you get 4 gigs data. Really like them.

You do have to prepay for 12 months to get the $15 though.

Last edited:

Nope, just $15/month. I read someplace about t-mobile gift cards at Target or someplace similar and you can save the tax, I have yet to look into that but its not that much really anyway so no big deal.

ETA, our oldest is on Mint, that has worked well too.

My son turned me on to the T mobile deal. It’s a flat fee of $15 with no taxes. I might have mentioned it on this forum. It’s plenty of data because when home I use my Wi-Fi.

We've been using Tello for years (now a T-Mobile shop).

Don't know if they're cheaper than the options mentioned above, but we spend less than $10/month for each line.

Tello for me too.

What's great about them is you can rollover and keep your unused minutes/data every month if you manually renew the day before the plan auto renews. I currently have over 7 GB of data and 451 minutes on a $6 plan of 500MB and 100 minutes.

You can also change your plan every month yourself via the app if you so desire, for example buy a 5GB plan the first month, then the 2nd month renew the plan down to a 500MB plan and keep the unused portion of the original 5GB and keep renewing at 500Mb till you need to upgrade to capture more data or minutes.
Been with them over 4 years now and they have great customer service and since they changed to T-Mobile towers I've never had any issues. Where I live 4g and 5G is great.

They also offer free international calling to over 60 countries using plan minutes.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-07 9.22.44 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-07 9.22.44 AM.png
    120 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I have similar $15/month 5G plan from Red Pocket using AT&T network.
Unlimited voice & text. 3GB of data.
You must pay for entire year to get $15/mo rate.

One other thing about the T-Mobile vs Mint plans: On the T-Mobile, when you hit your 2.5GB limit, cellular data gets cut off. With the Mint plan, when you hit the limit (4GB), it just throttles down to a lower speed.

It sounds like @SJhawkins will never hit this, but others might (like if you use the phone GPS on a long roadtrip).

T-mobile and T-mobile based carriers are indeed great where they have good signal strength. I signed up for Mint and loved the price, plan and concept. However I frequently experienced dropped or missed calls. Something that very rarely happens with Verizon or AT&T based networks in my locale. It was too much of an annoyance. I now use a Verizon prepay plan and pay $28 per month with taxes.

Tello for me too.

What's great about them is you can rollover and keep your unused minutes/data every month if you manually renew the day before the plan auto renews. I currently have over 7 GB of data and 451 minutes on a $6 plan of 500MB and 100 minutes. .

I'm on the same plan, and tax is only 7 or 8 cents on top of the $6 per month. I'm usually on wifi at home or work when I use the internet on it, so I don't use much cellular data. Before Tello changed their Pay as you go rules, I was paying even less for my first couple or so years with Tello! I don't do the roll-over trick. I still have $22 left on my Tello balance from my paygo days.

It was around April of last year that I moved from their Sprint service to their T-Mobile service before I was forced to make that move, and I had to get a new phone to support it, but the new Moto G7 Plus only cost me $120 at the time. Unless something changes, I can't see myself leaving Tello anytime soon.

Last edited:
I have the same phone and love it. I think Best Buy screwed up sometime last year and were offering the same discounted price for the phone whether you signed up for a contract plan or not. The users over at Slickdeals.net seem to always catch and share these deals so I only paid $70 for a brand new phone, what a steal.....
I've also got $6.32 on my PAYG balance but in a weak moment, I broke down and added minutes to my plan. I really should have ran down that PAYG balance first, I'll probably never use it now.

Last edited:
T-mobile and T-mobile based carriers are indeed great where they have good signal strength. I signed up for Mint and loved the price, plan and concept. However I frequently experienced dropped or missed calls. Something that very rarely happens with Verizon or AT&T based networks in my locale. It was too much of an annoyance. I now use a Verizon prepay plan and pay $28 per month with taxes.
You've got a great deal though with Verizon, prepaid is definitely the way to go to save money.
I was cleaning out old paperwork last year and found my Cingular bill from around 2005/2006. I was paying $120 for 2 lines and I'm pretty sure data was not included back then.

Plus tax/fees, so it's really like $17 for us here. Still a great deal IMO if you can deal with T-Mo's network.

Plus tax/fees, so it's really like $17 for us here. Still a great deal IMO if you can deal with T-Mo's network.

Unfortunately for me TMobile is too urban for me, and doesnt work very well where I live. I did figure out another alternative plan. I use Charter Spectrum which uses Verizon. Its $14 a GB, $42 max a month. Its unlimited phone and text, and I have learned to get in and out of my internet looks on the phone. So I have been at $14 a month now for quite a while and staying well under 1GB. Of course at home wireless use at home is free.

Verizon recently offered to up my 5 GB plan to 1,004 GB for an extra $10 a month. (Actually a 999 GB bonus each month.) No hotspot limitations or speed throttling. I use my phone as a hotspot a lot to stream movies and music while we’re on the road for weeks at a time so I jumped at the offer and am quite pleased so far.

This month has 3 days left and I’ve used almost 200 GB.

The offer came as a notice on my account web page and was not advertised that I noticed. Did anyone else have this happen?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom