Tax prep software offers

I transferred a bunch to Fido this year. I got assigned a rep. He called me up. We even had a zoom meeting. Maybe I got enough points to get it.

Doesn't matter too much since the transfer bonus will pay for Turbotax for the next decade or two.

It will be interesting to see.

Otherwise, Amazon has had a good deal the day or two after Christmas for the last 10 years or so. This is usually the best deal around for TT.

What did you pay last year , and which version of TT ?

What did you pay last year , and which version of TT ?
Last year, I was impatient and got it on Black Friday. I won't do that again. I'm waiting this year. I just used my 2022 version to estimate my 2023 taxes for purposes of determining my Roth rollover and charity amount. Close enough...

These are for DELUXE. Includes state program and 1 fed tax filing.

2022 (black Friday): $35.99 (also required buying a $10 amazon gift card)
2021: $29.99
2020: $29.99

Otherwise, Amazon has had a good deal the day or two after Christmas for the last 10 years or so. This is usually the best deal around for TT.

Yep, if FIDO falls through, I have my calendar set to buy TT from Amazon on 12/26.

Yep, if FIDO falls through, I have my calendar set to buy TT from Amazon on 12/26.

It is usually the 26th or 27th. In 2021, it was Dec 29. Perhaps the pandemic. Or the sale was for multiple days. Can't remember.

Major update for TT came out last night. I think I can do 95% of my 2023 taxes now so I can make any last minute adjustments in the next few weeks. :)

I wish Turbo Tax was this cheap, this is H&R Block tax software , used to be called Tax Cut.

Turbo Tax is Intuit's tax software and costs around double.

Ugh. Thanks, I mis read the post. The good news is that I don’t have to feel bad about not getting turbo tax that cheap. You’re right, I wish TT was that cheap.

So what happened with the TurboTax sale at Amazon that usually happens the week between Christmas and New Years? Did it happen? Did we miss it?

I've been using Turbotax online & for the past few years have used a small discount from Penfed. This year I haven't seen it offered in an email or on Penfed's website, so I sent them an email asking about it. Got a speedy response that the discount is still being offered & they sent me a link:
www.penfed.org/member-discounts.

Using the link, click on Finance, then scroll down to find Turbotax & click on that to start your return. Once you've done that, in the future you can continue working on the return by logging in directly to Turbotax.

The discount is up to $20; for Premier, it's about $18. Not much but I'll take it.

Back
Top Bottom