Term Insurance : No Exam

ferco

Recycles dryer sheets
Does anyone know of any ( top rate) insurance carriers offering no medical exam term life insurance policies. Looking for 10 or 20 year level premium with face value coverage of 50 or 100 k.

AFAIK, it would depend on your present age whether they would want an exam or not.

that low a face value you could prolly get policy through AARP without underwriting, YMMV

Pretty sure most any insurance company would do $100k without an exam unless you have any major red flags.

I recently have looked at those as in a few years I may need to do it for protection for my GF in her future retirement gap years between living off my pension and her collecting her benefits. Those plans in the 100k range were significantly higher than ones that needed testing. Another odd duck, I uncovered in the "underwriting" policies is sometimes a higher death payout plan was actually cheaper than a lower one. It appears to pay to shop around a bit.

Maybe a group policy offered through an organization to which you belong? I'm always getting solicitations about these policies offered through the Air Force Association, usually the application has some health questions but there's no mention of a physical exam. For example, a 50YO nonsmoking male can buy $100K for about $36/mo, level for a certain period (though at age 65, the amount of coverage drops). It's a MetLife policy. More here, just as an example of what I'm talking about.
Also, if you are a member of a credit union, check there, too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom