The Chairman of the Board

Koolau - thanks, that's one of my favorites too. His voice is fully mature, the arrangement is perfect and the song is beautiful.

I wanted to listen to it last night, but I was on a mobile device and the YouTube video didn't work :(

I posted some of my favorite Sinatra CDs a little earlier and can't believe I forgot this one. It's a show from Seattle in 1957, when he was at the peak of his game, during the Capitol "golden years". It's a great show.

The price listed here is exorbitant, but I can't believe it can't be found less expensive.

Amazon.com: Sinatra '57 in Concert: Music

Generally, the Chairman sang in front of big bands or full orchestras but occasionally he'd do stuff with smaller groups, quintets or sextets. And he nailed it. Here's one from (according to the note on YouTube) Tokyo in 1962 called "Imagination" that I think is tremendous.

Somebody help me out here. I can understand not posting to that steel thread (what the heck is that?), but... the Chairman? Give me a break! :)

Frank Sinatra. Imagination . 1962 . Tokyo. Live . - YouTube

Maybe this thread is dead. In case not, here's a tune I really like. Pay attention to the sax, vibes, drums, and of course the vocal.

Back
Top Bottom