The millionire making 11 dollars per hour.

Great article - shows a much different lifestyle than that of the normal successful person. I couldnt live without tv though.

The only thing that occurs to me is something about that 11 dollars per hour mentioned in the article. Is that in today's money adjusted for inflation. If that is not the case then that puts a whole different spin on this man's story.

Now that I've seen the video, he seems like a normal guy. Drives an SUV.

If I heard right, he must have saved about $3 million total.

Great article - shows a much different lifestyle than that of the normal successful person. I couldnt live without tv though.

I like life without TV. Life without books, on the other hand, is unimaginable.

I thought it was funny how his stockbroker slithered in there and took some of the credit. Check it out:

"Paul has always been the perfect client. He gave me money and never took it out," said his broker of 20 years, R. Douglas Smithson, senior vice president for investments at Wachovia Securities in Vineland. "He took my advice, he stuck to a plan, and he reaped the benefits of it."

The only thing that occurs to me is something about that 11 dollars per hour mentioned in the article. Is that in today's money adjusted for inflation. If that is not the case then that puts a whole different spin on this man's story.

I had that thought too... $11 actual dollars per hour decades ago would have been decent pay. As with most "human interest" journalism there is clearly a lot of spin going on.

"… Fact is, this frugal retired factory worker would never spend money on new clothes, vacation or swanky meals…"

I guess the money for the ceremonial dinner came out of the sky.

If you look at the video and observe the quality of the facility where the dinner was held it becomes obvious that the recipients of the gift are anything but frugal.

I have the greatest respect for this guy, his attitude and accomplishment. If there’s a sad part to this story it’s that after all his work to accumulate his fortune it’s likely that a good portion of it will be wasted after all.

In addition, the news reporter commented that Mr. Navone had about a million dollars of his savings remaining. If that comment is correct, and it may very well not be, then there's something fishy about the story considering the analysis performed by some of the other posters to this thread.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom