The Postal Illuminati

If the Chinese or others are gaming the system to get the USPS to foot the bill for shipping my $3 part half-way across the world, I'd be willing to give up that option, even if it meant I had to pay what it actually costs to deliver it.

I've always wondered how they afford to send a $3 item with free shipping. Heck, I can't send a package that weighs a couple of ounces to the next town for that. Very illuminating - thanks for posting. Like Capt. Tom, I'd be willing to pay more.

I remember my buyers saying they could get products shipped to our manufacturing door cheaper from China then we could get it from Houston , even with negotiated freight rates .

Exactly, WE, the taxpayer, is covering the $192 mil. Not too hard to figure that out. I don't believe the Chinese government is writing our Treasury a check to cover it each year.

So since you'll pay more every time you purchase formerly-inexpensive items from China or its more expensive US equivalent, do you actually expect your taxes will go down?

As always happens in a politician's trade war, we are the foot soldiers and we pay the price.

This we, buy almost nothing from China. even when I go to supermarket, I avoid anything made from China or from China. I read labels carefully. I talked to a friend in my art class also from China, she said Chinese don’t trust stuff made from China either. Remember the baby milk incident.

Back
Top Bottom