Tiny Bathrooms

Likely true. We flew Delta first class on our Alaska tour, and while I don't recall any trouble fitting in the bathroom, it was not exactly roomy.

My experience with business class has been with international carriers on international flights, specifically Emirates. The bathrooms, while hardly immense, are definitely bigger than I am used to.

FWIW - the bathrooms in First Class are not any better than economy. At least not in the lower 48 states. At least not when I have flown which is about 5 or 6 times a year.

It sure would be an issue for anyone with venous insufficiency. Feet and ankles would be so swollen, they could hardly get off the plane.

I know for sure that was a legit preliminary study done by an Asian short-haul carrier. The plan was to have folks strap in to an upright stretcher/plank/surface. Lots more people fit in, no underseat stowage so people could be charged for more checked bags, faster turn times (people are already standing, no waiting for them to fetch bags from all the nooks and crannies). I think crash safety issues would have been a problem.

Or just have the flight attendants walk down the aisle with one of those trays.

"Corks? Rubber bands?"

Are they going to watch too, to make sure the devices are correctly applied? Just like making sure seat belts are fastened?

It wasn't too long ago (and still in the remote bush of Alaska) that if you took a "commuter" plane, it had no restrooms (such as the Beech 1900) and those flights *could* be about 2 hours long.

Speaking of airplanes and lavs...how about an old Air Force tale?

I heard a story once of a C-5 (very large cargo airplane that has 3 lavs, one of which is quite large) that was doing a fighter "drag" across the ocean. A fighter "drag" is basically a small fleet of fighters that are going across a large body of water with a tanker airplane or airplanes that act in essence as a "gas station" while in route. Usually, a cargo plane (or several) will leave a little before (or after) with the maintenance personnel and spare parts on board and will get to the final destination within a couple of hours of the fighters and tankers.

ANYWAY...so on one of these drags, the C-5 was cruising along when a F-16 fighter pulled up next to them to harass them for having such a large, "boring" airplane. After some bantering back and forth, the F-16 driver pulled away and did a series of very impressive loops and other tricks that were very fun to watch. He then told the crew of the C-5, "Did you like that? Too bad you can't do cool stuff like that!!!". Well, the pilot of the C-5 responded with, "Yeah, that is cool. I tell you what...let me show you something". Well, the radio fell silent for an extended period and then finally, the C-5 pilot got back on the radio and asked, "How'd you like that trick?" The F-16 pilot responded back, "Uh, what are you talking about? I didn't see any trick!". The C-5 pilot quipped, "You didn't see it? Well, I will tell you what I did. You see, I got up and walked to the back. I put some pizza in the oven and took a quick pee break. I cleaned up a little, sat at a table and ate my pizza and then went to the bunk and took a quick 20 minute nap. Then, I came back up here. So how do you like THOSE tricks?!?" :) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom