Total self promotion

Wow, Khan, that is amazing. I calculated that, at every 56 days, one would need to donate every time for over 27.5 years to reach 180 donations. At my age, it doesn't look like I'll ever match your record, though it's a worthy goal.

Thank you.

I was reading that giving blood for free is better than a pay for giving blood business. That's because people who want money for their blood often are drug users, etc. and need the money. The free blood pool is better.
It all goes through the same screening & testing process.

As far as we can tell.

Khan, you're awesome and deserve all the self promotion you desire. Thank you for your outstanding record of blood donations.

Since I'm O-, they love my blood (universal donor). Since they are always short on O-, I wonder if there would be any left for me in the off chance that I would need some.:(

Someone mentioned that we now donate "free". i.e., we don't receive payment. I figure I'm money ahead for all the great oatmeal raisin cookies I've scarfed following donations.:LOL:

Every time I donate, I think about a TV series I enjoyed 40+ years ago. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Immortal_(TV_series) Cool premise which didn't seem so far fetched at the time. YMMV

You and others who donate are the reason my daughter is alive today.

Thank You!

Back
Top Bottom