Travel (medical) insurance as a periodic supplement

spncity

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I found this thread http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f46/travel-insurance-79192.html but it doesn't answer my question.

Not looking to cover cancellations of airfare, etc.

Rather, I'm trying to find are companies that cover medivac, helicopter transport, and such inside the US - since we have a very high OOP potential.

Would like to be able to buy it for a month at a time, or three months at a time.

Any suggestions?

Insuremytrip.com, set trip cost at zero and it won't cover cancellation and interruption but it will offer plans with primary or secondary health insurance and medevac.

We are currently using oncallinternational.com because they are pre-interfaced with our concierge medicine program. Previously we use travelex. Haven't had a claim with either.

Try searching www.intltravelnews.com for "evacuation insurance" and "Philip Wagenaar" They have published a lot of stuff on this topic, including stories from people who have had to use the insurance. Wagenaar is an MD who has published quite a bit on the general subject of travel insurance too. Some of the material may be behind a paywall, but a subscription is cheap and well worthwhile.

squaremouth.com is another good quoting provider. Their web filters are really efficient at presenting only providers who will specifically meet your need. Recommended by Chris Elliot the travel blogger and advisor for consumers who have issues with travel providers,

Hello All - I am heading to Australia on vacation and looking at World Nomads for the travel insurance. I have read good and bad reviews when it comes time to making a claim. Can anyone comment if you have had to make a claim them and was it a good or bad experience? Thanks.

BlueCross will provide a quote and we used them and found them reasonable when we went to Canada

Back
Top Bottom