Turbo tax filing fees

Jerry1

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Anyone know what TT charges to efile the federal return after the five free ones? Anything I search on doesn’t return and answer. I guess most never file more than 5, but I got a couple extra this year. Last year I just filed them on paper and that was a cluster. And, I resulted in them never getting their stimulus checks.

I think there’s a 5 e-file limit, period. If you want more you need to buy another copy of TurboTax.

Normally you could just do the return and file by mail, but as you (and the rest of us) found out this past year, with the backlog the IRS has they may never get to it.

I think there’s a 5 e-file limit, period. If you want more you need to buy another copy of TurboTax.

I was thinking that might be the case. I guess what I could do is print them out and let them enter it on a free site. It’s just the kids of a guy I’ve known for years. It was no big deal to print them and have them mail them but I was hoping to efile them this year for obvious reasons.

The limit of 5 is an IRS requirement. That's why you'll find it in all software packages. They want you to be a licensed preparer if you're going to e-file more than 5 returns.

The limit of 5 is an IRS requirement. That's why you'll find it in all software packages. They want you to be a licensed preparer if you're going to e-file more than 5 returns.

Thanks. Maybe I’ll get a copy of HR Block for the extra returns. They’re all so simple and these are life long friends that I just hate to make them go elsewhere.

You could have then use the IRS free efile program.

https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free if they meet the income limits.

Or the VITA United Way free efile from HR Block Income limit of $57K
https://www.myfreetaxes.com/

Yeah, I just started looking at those. I think what I’m going to do is tell them to either come to my house and I’ll help them or have them just try it and call me if they have any problems. Time to teach them how to fish.

Yeah, I just started looking at those. I think what I’m going to do is tell them to either come to my house and I’ll help them or have them just try it and call me if they have any problems. Time to teach them how to fish.

You might also be a good candidate to be a volunteer tax preparer with the AARP Foundation Tax Aide program.

Generally they train you in December/January and then you certify by taking a test. Then you can help prepare and e-file people's individual returns for free.

You get the pleasure of helping people with their taxes, and as a side benefit they let you file friends and family returns as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom