Unexpected Windfall

At 4K miles a year this may very well be my last car. I keep it well maintained. I have been to Europe 5xs and the memories are really priceless. I also enjoyed my 6 cruises and my RV trips. I know many on this board travel more than that but I have been to many more places than most of my friends. However, they all drive big suvs. New cars are nice but it’s never been a big priority.

Then start booking some trips!

Our first post covid trip was 5 weeks in Portugal last May/June. Next we scored a great deal on 10 days in a Puerta Vallarta AI later this month.

Everyone on our street has one or two new late model high end cars in their driveway. Mercs, Lexus, Acuras, and the odd (very odd) Caddy. Lots of gas hungry SUV's that they drive to Costco and to the grocery store. Go figure. We thought about a new car last year...for all of five minutes then dismissed the idea.

Do we care that we have a 2007 Toyota a 2006 Acord sedans in our garage? No. We appear to be the poor cousins of the neighbourhood. We are too busy travelling internationally 4-5 months every year to care about new vehicles.

Planning 55 days of spontaneous travel again in Thailand/Malaysia this winter. Still need to buy air.

Next....five or six weeks in Morocco and 2 or 3 in Spain either this spring or fall.

Why stay at home baby sitting a new car that you hardly use. Besides.. all cars seem to look the same these days.

When you are in that rocking chair are you going to talk about your new Corolla or Civic OR are you instead going to talk or think about all the travel experiences and memories that you experienced on your travels:confused:

Get a trip booked and start planning!

Like the advert says......Just do it!

Last edited:
Brett, I booked a trip last week:)).

Brett, I booked a trip last week:)).

Bravo!

If the recession really happens you will be seeing some great last minute travel bargains coming along....air, cruise, etc.

My friend and I also booked our trip to France for 4/24 because it went on sale. So I have a European trip also booked for 4/23. Really looking forward to both of them.

Back
Top Bottom