US to Canada for Holiday Ski Trip

In all fairness, if I were Canada I would keep America out too. But it's a shame you can't enjoy the ski trip.

But we have a couple of trips planned there for next summer so I really hope things work out.

It's all good, I've accepted my fate for this year. I was looking forward to Whistler, but there's always next year. Even though this year is looking to be be much better than usual due to lots of early snowfall.

In WA, two major ski resorts have already opened. We have season passes for a local ski resort, while not the greatest place to ski, it has easy access from Seattle. They are not open yet, but with all the recent snow, I'm hoping for an early opening.

The runs there are short, but so is the drive. We're there under an hour. They have night skiing, so we can easily leave at 6pm, ski for a couple of hours, and be back by 10-11pm. We're planning on going often, which will be a nice break.

I'm still hoping that maybe Canada will open in the spring. Maybe in time for late season ski trip to Whistler?

I will admit that I'm a tad bit envious of Canadians. They'll have world class skiing all for themselves!

Hopefully by next summer things are better. We visit Vancouver/Canada a few times a year and we've all missed it this year. Normally I'd be heading up there this Wednesday with my kids for our annual Thanksgiving celebration. This is a tradition we've had for a few years since my ex always worked on Thanksgiving and everything in the US is closed. We celebrate on Saturday and I'd take my kids to Vancouver for a couple of nights during Thanksgiving since everything there is open. Next year! (fingers crossed)

Yes it seems things are headed in that direction. Either outright banned or just not at all advisable. I'd be very surprised to see the US-Canada border open without restrictions before May.

I'm hoping, but have my doubts that it will be open for the Summer. Hard to see how there will be enough vaccine and have it distributed by then (with the 2 shot delay).

Perhaps it will open to folks with proof of vaccination. :popcorn:

And vice versa... we have some world class skiing here too.

True. Unfortunately for me, they involve a plane flight or a very long drive. I'm not quite there with flying yet and won't do the drive, so I'll stick with local resorts. No complaints though. The local places are fun too.

"I will admit that I'm a tad bit envious of Canadians. They'll have world class skiing all for themselves"!

Not really. British Columbia has recommended no travel within the province and is telling people from outside the province not to travel there due to a recent spike raising daily new cases to over 600 new cases per day. It may not be long before Alberta is forced to invoke similar restrictions. It's going to be a long cold winter up here.

Interesting reading this thread over the past 4 months.

We live in VT and had intended a week out in BC on our Ikon passes but I bailed on that idea in September. Booked a week in Montana in Feb instead and even that is looking tenuous now. 3 months out seems like a lifetime at the moment.

Even more tenuous is a trip we have planned to hut tour in Switzerland in April. My expectations on that one is the Swiss will require a vaccine to enter. We will see - come on Pfizer crank it up......

Back
Top Bottom