WaMu CD rate @ 5%

Keyboard Ninja

Recycles dryer sheets
So I go and check out www.wamu.com and notice that they have a 5% CD rate for 12 and 13 month terms. I'm tempted to sign up for it, but is this the right time since JP Morgan Chase just bought them out?

Makes sense to me to do it. I would be interested to know if you can get it today! Maybe you or someone else will try and let us know. I would but I'm broke.

It still shows 12 and 13 month CDs with an APR of 5%. The website already says Welcome to JPMorgan Chase.

Wamu has had that offer going for a few weeks and signed up awhile back....My guess is that it will be gone soon with Chase in.

Maybe not. WAMU lost $16M in deposits over the last few weeks, which caused the FDIC to seize the bank. I imagine Chase would like some of those deposits back, and their CD rates are about half what WAMU is offering for 12 months.

-- Rita

Wamu has had that offer going for a few weeks and signed up awhile back....My guess is that it will be gone soon with Chase in.
Actually they had this offer a couple of weeks ago and closed it on Sep 12th. Now they've brought it back after the JPM takeover. So I'd assume that it won't necessarily go away soon. They don't have a close out date for it. Time will tell!

Back
Top Bottom