What are you looking to buy on Amazon Prime Days?

I'll get myself some more of those anchovy stuffed olives.

I need a new Roomba type vacuum. Mine is getting rather noisy. It grinds, clunks and sometimes just takes a few seconds to make up its mind where it wants to go next. I've had it for near 10 years and it has kept my new wood floor looking very new.

I need a new Roomba type vacuum. Mine is getting rather noisy. It grinds, clunks and sometimes just takes a few seconds to make up its mind where it wants to go next. I've had it for near 10 years and it has kept my new wood floor looking very new.

We picked up an aramey brand for about $100 of Amazon a few months ago. It works well very impressed.

Walmart had one (lets say Roomba-esq) for $100 on their version of the Amazon sale. Going on now.

I bought an Eufy robovac and it works well enough. Bought it on Amazon earlier in the year, since we were all fed up with having to vacuum.

I’m planning on buying Philips Hue colored lightbulbs. It would be great if there’s an Amazon discount, but I’m guaranteed at least $10 off since I got the Whole Foods credit last week.

Just bought the Kindle Oasis that I've been waiting for! Regular price of $249.99 reduced to $174.99 for Prime Day. Then 20% off for my trade-in which they took off the original price so that's $50 off for a cost of $124.99! Then the case I wanted had a 10% coupon so I got that, too.

Last edited:
The Kindle Fire HD 10 is on sale for $79.99 on Prime Days. The battery life on my two year old model is starting to drop, but I can trade it in for a $15.00 Amazon gift card and get 20% off a new one. Net price:

$79.99
- 16.00 20% off
- 15.00 Gift card

$48.99 net (plus sales tax).

Not as fast or beautiful as a Surface or IPad but at that price I can live with it.

Brian

Edit to add: Just ordered one and found the 20% off is calculated on the regular price - so it was $30 off instead of $16. And the gift card was instantly applied. Even better!
That 20% discount in one per customer so upgrading my Wife's Fire will only get the $15 gift card for trade in. Two new tablets total cost $117.26 inc. tax with free shipping. :dance:

Last edited:
The Kindle Fire HD 10 is on sale for $79.99 on Prime Days. The battery life on my two year old model is starting to drop, but I can trade it in for a $15.00 Amazon gift card and get 20% off a new one. Net price:

$79.99
- 16.00 20% off
- 15.00 Gift card

$48.99 net (plus sales tax).

Not as fast or beautiful as a Surface or IPad but at that price I can live with it.

Brian

Thanks for posting this. I traded in my 2 years old Fire HD 8 for the Fire HD 8 plus (faster CPU, more RAM, wireless charge). Total cost is $42.99 (trade in value + 20% promotion is $32, I paid $50 2 years ago)

I haven't perused the site as of yet, but I see they are still marketing it as "AMAZON DAY" even though it's two dayS. Perhaps this should go in the rant of the day thread... :)

Mostly cheap junk, from what I saw this morning. Good deals on Amazon devices, if you like them.

I wasn't going to get anything, since we're trying to be a bit more careful while I'm not working, but I decided to check for deals on things I would probably buy eventually anyway, and the nice glass electric kettle that I had on my list for ages was on sale for $16, 42% off!

It should arrive Saturday. :D

Well, none of the items that were in my cart went on sale, but I didn't really expect them to since they're pretty mundane. I really just waited for Prime Day so I could use the $10 credit I got from Whole Foods.

I got a new microfiber head for the extension pole duster I use to reach the skylight, two more of the containers that I keep loose teas in, and some new pot holders. I also added $40 to my Amazon online gift card generating another $10 credit for future use.

Well, none of the items that were in my cart went on sale, but I didn't really expect them to since they're pretty mundane. I really just waited for Prime Day so I could use the $10 credit I got from Whole Foods.

I got a new microfiber head for the extension pole duster I use to reach the skylight, two more of the containers that I keep loose teas in, and some new pot holders. I also added $40 to my Amazon online gift card generating another $10 credit for future use.

Yesterday I put things in my cart and when I checked this morning they weren't reduced, even when I refreshed the cart. But when I clicked on the item, they were on sale! Cleared out the cart and re-added to make it all work.

Yesterday I put things in my cart and when I checked this morning they weren't reduced, even when I refreshed the cart. But when I clicked on the item, they were on sale! Cleared out the cart and re-added to make it all work.

These are the type of antics that makes me weary of Amazon's tactics. You shouldn't have to be so savvy to make a purchase. It has a used car dealer slimly feeling to it.

There are good deals on storage (hard drives, flash drivers, SSDs). But I really don't need an upgrade at the time so will live to shop another day.

Unless some lightning deal pops up on something that I really don't need but is a bargain I could not refuse, think I'll pass this year.

These are the type of antics that makes me weary of Amazon's tactics. You shouldn't have to be so savvy to make a purchase. It has a used car dealer slimly feeling to it.

+1 It's a bit to much of a game with Amazon these days.

I ordered a new robot vacuum from Amazon only to find that Walmart has the same thing cheaper today. This confirms what I have believed for several years now - Amazon is more about convenience than the 'deal'. They can have the best price, but then again they might not. Foolish me for forgetting that.

I did not have anything in my cart, but when I accessed my wishlist today several items were on sale. Blow that dough... :)

Most of you have probably see the filter you can limit "lighting deals" by not only category but also by pct off. Unless I have a specific need, I don't even look if not 50% off.
I did put an OLEO TV on my wisg list and got an email late yesterday for what turned out to be $100 less than the Prime Day special.

I plan to pick up a NOCO battery charger to use on my fishing boat. It is a 5 Amp, and I have had great luck with their NOCO Genius 3500, and its several modes for AGM and flooded battery types. Not everything is on sale, but, their smaller chargers and maintainers are. Their multiple bank chargers aren't on sale.

They are "smart" chargers so you can leave them plugged in and they don't "boil" the battery if you have one in a vehicle, RV or boat that you don't use regularly, but, want to keep it charged up/maintained for the next use.

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GENIUS5...re-Compensation/dp/B07W8KJH44?ref_=ast_sto_dp

-CC

In case you hadn’t heard, it is or was prime days -Amazon’s big sale. I usually am not a big toy person but we decided an amazon show 8” would make a nice addition to the house to replace our amazon echo. I think she paid around 90 with the fancy stand. The screen means we can quickly see who’s at our front door via the ring. (I’ve sent people packing without opening the door - we am not anti- social but please go away). It also means my wife can easily Skype with the daughter and sister-in-law. Yay.

When I work I love using my Amazon Dot to play music. Depending on my mood it can be “Amazon play some Frank Sinatra” or “play some classic country” pretty soon Johnny is complaining about being name Sue or getting married in a fever. Then all is right with the world. So when I was looking at the functionality of the show I cam upon the Amazon Studio. It is dubbed a smart speaker. One reviewer raved about the sound quality others said not the best speaker but a good value and I was hooked. $150. I rationalized the purchase - I figure my boutique software business is doing well. And heck I’m so over this house bound Covid stuff.

I let you know how it goes it’s coming tomorrow. My wife calls it my Christmas gift.. which is fine by me. Hope she likes her newish vacuum cleaner..

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/6/...exa-3d-audio-test-review-price-specs-features

Last edited:
I loaded up on Orgain protein shakes . They were 29% off . I also added two months of showtime .

Back
Top Bottom