What did you do today? 2017 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last two days were very different.

Yesterday - up at 6:30 to help DW get off to w*rk. A bite of breakfast, crapped around on the computer for a bit. Biked to McD's for second breakfast and some reading then biked to my last tennis class. Due to the heat, only 2 of the 10 of us showed up. So, I got my a$$ run around like I hadn't in a LONG time. Felt wonderful! But it was a long bike ride home after:). Showered and spent a couple of hours reading, then fixed dinner and watched most of the Cubs game with DW. Nearly a perfect day, in my mind.

Today - DW had the day off so we slept in until about 9:00 (felt good after yesterday). Then started the errands. Home Depot to pick up new faucet handles (lever type) so DW can shut off the water fully in her shower. Sporting goods store to find life vests for when our new kayak arrives. Then sat at McD's with a Diet Coke for an hour while DW had her hair cut. Then off to lunch at a pizza place that I like, Then sat in the car for another hour while DW was at a doctor's appointment (better than listening to the d*** daytime TV in the doctor's office). Home - installed the faucet handles and a new flapper valve for a toilet that's been running. Dinner and DW is now watching the Cubs.

This day was rather short of my ideal.

It's clear that as we age, days are going to come to resemble today more than yesterday. That's why I'm glad I retired early:D

Sorry to hear that, but in hindsight, the reason is obvious!

Can you access your lab results online, without waiting several weeks to see your doctor?

I never thought of online access. I have another go at it in 6 months. I'll ask about online access. It would be a lot better for me to discuss with the Dr. if I had some time to look at/research the issues before the Dr. appt.

I never thought of online access. I have another go at it in 6 months. I'll ask about online access.

We have online access to medical test results, most of the time I think I see the results sooner than the doc does because the instant they're done I get an email about it. And they show the "normal" range of whatever tests were done. Most of the time I am clueless about what any of them mean and have to look it up.

I'm sure it's still being implemented in many places.

Walked on the beach for two hours. Now back to our condo enjoying coconut ice cream, this is a special brand from Hawaii.

We went to a concert by Don Felder, REO Speedwagon and Styx on Friday at an outdoor amphitheater and had a good time. Being retired now the Styx song Too Much Time on My Hands had new meaning, especially the lyrics - I've got nothing to do and all day to do it. :) Last night we had a nice evening out at a charity event called Comedy Uncorked at Retzlaff Winery that included a raffle, comedy show, music and auction. Today has been a beer on the patio and catch up around the house and yard kind of day.

Yesterday we took the train from Durango to Silverton.

Amazing scenery, amazing job of construction these folks did. The coal fired steam powered locomotive from 1925 was a hoot. We had an excellent guide who really added a lot to the trip.. FB_IMG_1498589179494.jpg

The second photo is where a scene from a popular 1969 movie was filmed. Any guess?

FB_IMG_1498589208707.jpg

I was going to say Breakheart Pass, but that was 1975....so I won't say it.

Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid
Ding, ding, ding.

That where Butch jumped on the train. The jump from the waterfall was filmed in the area too, couldn't get near the place for photos.

Had to go to the dermatologist to get some actinic keratoses burned off. To help recover, I drove to the Institution Ale brewery to get my growler refilled with a nice IPA:)

Got a new summer haircut. It was way past time, so I had about 6" taken off. We retirees can be lazy and procrastinate like that if we want to. Anyway, it looks and feels great! :) We also ate lunch out and ran a few errands.

6 month Dental checkup, visit my former work mates, went for a drive with the top off, did an HOA inspection, cut the grass, now grilling a steak and having a beer on the deck

Last edited:
Started the day with a swim lesson. I haven't had any training since I was about seven years old, and I wanted to have my form checked in anticipation of adding swimming to my cadre of exercise. It turns out my form isn't bad, but the instructor helped me relax and slow my strokes and breathing. Now it's just a matter of practice and building endurance.

Came home and worked on the deck for a couple of hours, prepping before I stain it. It looks like I have some more work to do tomorrow.

Then I quickly changed and went down to the boat launch to meet the group that kayaks at 2 pm on Tuesdays, but I was the only one there. Maybe because the wind was whipping and there were thunderheads rolling in?? No kayaking today.

Napped and puttered around the house, now I'm heading out for a walk.

Took the training wheels off my daughter's bike. She did awesome!

Played golf. Got a birdie! Picked up my wine club shipment from a local winery. Enjoying a glass of Rosé on the patio now.

A day that is permanently etched in my memory. I was terrified about it, but my dad took me out to a local playground and held the saddle while I rode. I was completely unaware of the moment he let go, and we both had grins from ear to ear on the way home. What a great memory!

A day that is permanently etched in my memory. I was terrified about it, but my dad took me out to a local playground and held the saddle while I rode. I was completely unaware of the moment he let go, and we both had grins from ear to ear on the way home. What a great memory!

A day permanently etched in my memory as well. I got on my bike, my Grandfather pushed me down the hill, and I crashed into a tree, scraping my elbow.

Hey, I remember that day too, when the training wheels were removed.

It was actually uneventful, because my father had slowly raised the training wheels so much that I had learned to balance the bike straight if I wanted to ride. Leaning on one of the wheels meant I would be listing 30 degrees to one side. :)

......and held the saddle while I rode. I was completely unaware of the moment he let go..

My father did the same to me out on the street......I recall saying "OK, you can let go now"...glanced over my shoulder...he was a block away! :LOL:

Haven't done it yet, but there's the plan:

Today is DW's and my 11th wedding anniversary........in a couple hours we're heading in to see her mom, dad, and sister, (her mom's health is failing fast).......then later, on the way home, stop in to visit with DW's daughter/hubby and the three girls......pizza for seven!

After that...a major sporting event.....the five year old's soccer game, (her dad is one of the coaches).....although, with all the rain around here for the past few weeks, (most of it we, thankfully, missed), it'll probably be 'aquacise with cleats'.

How good is that? :dance:

Finished cleaning out late father's house this morning; closing on the sale is Friday. Stressing a bit as to whether contractor will be done with repairs on time, but otherwise a huge relief. Sold coin collection last week, and other stuff either donated or given away. Even the old pump organ!

Whew!

We went through this a little over a year ago. It is a lot of work. Luckily for me, i have three brothers to help.

Ding, ding, ding.

That where Butch jumped on the train. The jump from the waterfall was filmed in the area too, couldn't get near the place for photos.

"Swim? Hell, the fall will kill you."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom