What did you do today? 2018 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, they are used to weird stuff that they make of US consumption, I am sure.

Don't you think they would first be traumatized when sewing pants that 3 or 4 of them could fit into? :)

Last edited:
Just thought of something. Recently, watching a Youtube video from a man who married a Chinese woman and lived there, he said many Chinese had no exposure to Westerners. He said Westerner visitors should not be surprised when asked for a photo with the Chinese, so they could later show their friends the group photo with exotic visitors.

Now, imagine garment workers who have not met any American, but make clothes for them. What do they see in their mind? :)

22402291-slim-woman-with-huge-pants-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

Had a pre-surgery screening for a colonoscopy next week, then gym, then a grocery run including Halloween candy for the kiddies tomorrow night. I felt it necessary to do a "quality assurance check" to make sure it's all good for them. So far it is.

Many local communities changed their trick or treat hours to tonight, since the forecast for Wednesday evening is for extremely strong rain and very cold. Lots of last minute scrambling around here.

We're lucky in that there have never been trick or treaters on our little street. Guess they know enough to stay off our lawns! :LOL:

They probably have no idea what a pickle is. :LOL:

Oh yeah? Just found this on the Web. Welcome to Chinese-style cucumber pickle.

PS. I read the recipes to see what makes it "Chinese-style". Some add sesame oil. Others add soy sauce and ginger slices.

2015-08-10-23-29-47_deco-01.jpeg

pickled-cucumber-with-soy-sauce-and-vinegar_-copy.jpg

Last edited:
OK.

That would scare the dimsum out of them, the same as the humongous pair of jeans.

Finished the new kegerator the other day so I’m brewing a pale ale today so I can fill it up. Just kegged my porter which was awaiting its new home, and I’ve got one more tap to populate. I need to figure out which beer style is next.

Finished the new kegerator the other day so I’m brewing a pale ale today so I can fill it up. Just kegged my porter which was awaiting its new home, and I’ve got one more tap to populate. I need to figure out which beer style is next.
Pictures please!

The mechanical room ts just behind where the wet bar will be in my home theater. I definately need a kegorator back there with taps over the sink.

We had a nice snow last night. About 5 or 6 inches. This morning I put the plow and chains on the old truck and plowed over to the elderly lady that had the accident a month or so ago. She and her daughter stopped by yesterday afternoon to ask if I would plow so she could get out if it snowed overnight. When I finished that I burned a couple of slash piles. They are down to smoldering and will continue until I put any remaining embers out before it gets dark. It is a pretty day with lots of sun and a few fluffy white clouds. I have to sit here and watch the day go by as I keep an eye on the slash pile ashes. It will be tough, but I think I can handle it. ;)

All the political advertisements and junk mail are now even more irrelevant than ever. We voted today so for us the election is over.

I went in for an “upper and a lower” (Endoscopy and Colonoscopy). My sweet little granddaughter couldn’t believe a doctor would schedule me for something on a special day like Halloween. When I told her, she looked at me and said “Don’t they know you have Grandchildren?” I’m good for another 5 years and it’s time for a nap. So great to be retired!

This is an especially difficult day for me, because of all the failures I've had in the past.

But this year I believe I've finally found a truly sincere pumpkin patch, so I'll be sitting out there tonight hoping for a visit from The Great Pumpkin.

Wish me luck!

All the political advertisements and junk mail are now even more irrelevant than ever. We voted today so for us the election is over.

We voted today also. Glad that the election is over for us also.

Also went shopping - picked up wood for a small table, some woodworking supplies, and new LED recessed can lights. Almost bought a new gas grill, but didn't after I realized how little use it would get during the next 6 months.

They probably have no idea what a pickle is. :LOL:

The first day of a project in Korea we had a working lunch and a secretary came in to take our lunch orders. My boss ordered a turkey sandwich and the poor girl was totally stymied... one of our Korean firm colleagues who had done a tour in the US was laughing quite hard and informed us that they don't have turkey in Korea.

She's just lucky Jack doesn't have thumbs, or she'd be dead by dawn.

Bet you can't wait to get sick to see how well it works. :LOL:

When I first went on Medicare I thought some clerk would react and say "I'm shocked you do not look old enough for Medicare " ,No one said anything .
I guess we all view it differently. :) I'm tired of health care insurance access issues (multiple snarky comments self-edited). Health insurance almost brought me back to the w*rkplace, this is a weight off my shoulders. A loss for my brother, who now has one fewer reason to get me to be a business partner with him. :D

Now I can go worry about really important things, like finding definitive answers for questions about paying off mortgages early, doing ROTH conversions, or calculating SWR's. :)

Now I can go worry about really important things, like finding definitive answers for questions about paying off mortgages early, doing ROTH conversions, or calculating SWR's. :)

You left out being bombarded with solicitations for Medicare Advantage plans during the annual enrollment period. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom