What did you do today? 2019 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sleep tracking feature from smart watches/wearables (I have a Fitbit) helps decide if you could use a nap based on last night’s sleep. Reliable for me and almost always improves the rest of the day.

You need a watch to tell you that you need a nap? Good one! :LOL:

A nap is a serious luxury. After reading this I checked for prior threads and found a “Do You Nap?” one from a while ago. I don’t know if it’s active.

The sleep tracking feature from smart watches/wearables (I have a Fitbit) helps decide if you could use a nap based on last night’s sleep. Reliable for me and almost always improves the rest of the day.

I don't usually intend to nap at all, but now and then I just accidently fall asleep in my easy chair when I am relaxing after lunch. I sleep for maybe an hour or so but very deeply, and when I awaken I hardly know where I am. It's wonderfully refreshing to nap like this.

I have a Fitbit too, but haven't used it in a while.

Just started the fire for the evening. My fire is inside. It's about 40 degrees on a nice but windy day. I went in town to talk to the building inspectors. I wanted to make sure I was proceeding correctly on the home theater raised floor. Went back home and cut the floor joists for the raised floor.View attachment 30734
Nice stove. I'm sitting 3 feet from my Fireview here in northern NH. We've owned this one for three years and had two in our former home. It's the best stove ever. Enjoy. I'd post a picture if I could figure out how.

Must be nap day. I've taken 2 naps so far today. Nothing else. Recovering from a nasty hike yesterday. Also found out that I'm a great uncle again. Neice had her 3rd child - a boy. I'll be building a 5th toybox soon.

Doctor's office called; biopsy is negative. Need to have another mammogram in August.
Weather warm and sunny, no heat or A/C.

I had a breast biopsy because the mammogram found something had changed. Sitting here with a small ice gel pack and I have to wear the bra overnight.
Doctor's office called; biopsy is negative. Need to have another mammogram in August.

WONDERFUL!!! :dance: :clap: I am so happy to hear this good news. :D

Awright!

That's excellent news!! It sounds like they want to see you every six months rather than every year at least for now.

Finally finished getting rid of two huge Pampas grass clumps, each one had to be 10 feet in diameter. Last cold winter was not kind to them and they looked like cr*p this last summer.

Cut the summer growth down then dug them out using a shovel and ax. Hauled all the detritus out to the back brush pile. Took 5 days. I'm stiff and sore from the work, but feeling a sense of accomplishment. Ibuprofen is a friend, now for a few days rest.

Finally finished getting rid of two huge Pampas grass clumps, each one had to be 10 feet in diameter. Last cold winter was not kind to them and they looked like cr*p this last summer.

Cut the summer growth down then dug them out using a shovel and ax. Hauled all the detritus out to the back brush pile. Took 5 days. I'm stiff and sore from the work, but feeling a sense of accomplishment. Ibuprofen is a friend, now for a few days rest.

Pampas Grass is a scourge. Good for you!

Great news!

Great news, Khan! You can really enjoy that nice sunny day!

Woke up this morning to an unusually chilly house (heat is supposed to crank up at 6am). Sure enough, it was 32 outside and 66 inside and nothing was running. Checked the breakers (ok) and flipped them for good measure, nothing happened. Called our service company and tech arrived at 9:30. Took him nearly an hour, but he found and fixed the loose wire.

Spent the morning writing a paper for a volunteer gig and then working on taxes. Still waiting on a few 1099s before doing the heavy lifting. Biggest surprise was that our medical expenses were over $30K last year. More than ½ of that was premiums (including LTC), and most of the rest was dental (DH and I both had multiple crowns last year). Ouch!

Great news, Khan! You can really enjoy that nice sunny day!

Woke up this morning to an unusually chilly house (heat is supposed to crank up at 6am). Sure enough, it was 32 outside and 66 inside and nothing was running. Checked the breakers (ok) and flipped them for good measure, nothing happened. Called our service company and tech arrived at 9:30. Took him nearly an hour, but he found and fixed the loose wire.

Spent the morning writing a paper for a volunteer gig and then working on taxes. Still waiting on a few 1099s before doing the heavy lifting. Biggest surprise was that our medical expenses were over $30K last year. More than ½ of that was premiums (including LTC), and most of the rest was dental (DH and I both had multiple crowns last year). Ouch!
Ouch indeed!!!
On the bright side, I'm glad it was just a loose wire and you didn't need an entirely new HVAC installed. :)

Khan that is great to hear.

Got up at 5am to take DW to eye doctor, this was her last test for the nuerologist, and she passed!

It was cold, -10F when we left at 7am. DW said the garage door didn't open so some idiot hit the override. That was a bad idea, it was frozen.Now I'm waiting on a call from the repair guy.

Forwarded a Phishing email to Apple. Re: Some game name I did not recognize, from the Apple store where I have not visited in several years.

And Figure Skated an hour and a half. The ice was unusually hard and thus very fast for a small impulse.

Yesterday was my birthday and went skiing with DD and her husband. It was in the low single digits and so windy they closed the upper lifts. We had to go inside between runs to stay warm. The blowing snow made it hard to see the run. The kids bought lunch at the bar and grill and it was really good. Even in those conditions it was lots of fun!

Wow, I can relate. When I was out there a couple of weeks ago there was one morning when it was -13°F around the time the lifts started running. Never had such a cold day on the slopes. Well, actually just the morning -- that was enough for me.

Friday, I went on a kayak fishing trip that involved paddling about four miles. I got sunburned on my nose despite my "clever" solution of putting bandaid on it. I need a bandaid with a higher SPF—maybe duct tape. I'm actually serious. I could put some black duct tape on the top of a bandaid.

The exercise isn't strenuous, but I'm usually wiped out the next day. Perhaps it has something to do with being out on the water in the sun?

^ yep being on the water makes a big difference. Sun reflection off the water adds to the sunlight that hits your body. Do you wear a big floppy hat? Or a buff?

Buff is like this:

Attachments

• 0C30AE47-970B-4ABA-B4FB-90ADFB984E4D.jpeg
    0C30AE47-970B-4ABA-B4FB-90ADFB984E4D.jpeg
    327.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Friday, I went on a kayak fishing trip that involved paddling about four miles. I got sunburned on my nose despite my "clever" solution of putting bandaid on it. I need a bandaid with a higher SPF—maybe duct tape. I'm actually serious. I could put some black duct tape on the top of a bandaid.

When I was young, I spent much of my summer at the beach. Never saw a lifeguard who didn't have his nose covered with zinc oxide.

^ yep being on the water makes a big difference. Sun reflection off the water adds to the sunlight that hits your body. Do you wear a big floppy hat? Or a buff?

Buff is like this:
I have a great floppy hat. I was thinking I could get away with no sunscreen since it's feb and high latitude, but after feeling the heat off the water, I put on spf 50. Too late. Sunburn wasn't bad, but just a month ago I'd had some AK burned off my nose.

Yeah, I've seen those buffs.

When I was young, I spent much of my summer at the beach. Never saw a lifeguard who didn't have his nose covered with zinc oxide.
My grandmother wore a little shield over her nose. I was searching for those on Amazon when I thought of the band-aid idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom