What do you do/take for hand arthritis?

I had no idea that physical therapists worked with so many hand injuries. I got bit trying to separate my pit bull and Rottweiler when they got into an argument.

First thing therapists do is soak your hands in hot paraffin. They make a paraffin that's specially used for hands.

Voltaren gel. $15 for 100 grams x2 plus 30 grams x1 at Costco. Works well hands, elbows, back, knees.

Voltaren gel. $15 for 100 grams x2 plus 30 grams x1 at Costco. Works well hands, elbows, back, knees.

Voltaren Gel works well on anything that hurts. My wife uses it on her back too. It's both a pain reliever and an anti-inflammatory. It just works wonders.

I thought Voltaren gel was a prescription medicine...are you purchasing it from Cosco without a script?

Here is another hit or miss idea. I have a cousin who is into alternative treatments and she recommended drinking vinegar, the "mothers" version. My wife was having quite a bit of trouble with her hands and I told her to give it a try.....at least it's cheap. It takes a couple of weeks to kick in but my wife swears it has really helped a lot. I think she takes it twice a day diluted in water.

+3 for a low carb diet. As part of a LC diet I gave up grains. My hand pain stopped. When I do occasionally eat grains (wheat) it comes back.

This has my experience as well. I try to follow a lower carb diet, but when I lapse and "overindulge", in bread especially, my hand pain comes back. Small amounts of dense whole grain bread don't seem to bother me. It's the wonderful fresh baked ciabatta, soudough, Portuguese rolls, French bread, Italian bread.....:(

Gelatin has been used for many years for arthritis and according to many reviews it works. I'm going to try it out in my smoothies. It would be interesting to see before and after X-rays of gelatin supplementation.

According to the net:

'gelatin is made of hydrolyzed collagen and in its basic form is colorless, flavorless, and translucent. Collagen is a soft protein found naturally in the body—or in this case, the bodies of animals. Collagen serves as connective tissue among bones, tendons, muscles, and skin.'

I have found that wrapping the finger that hurts and the arthritic thumbs in tape help a lot with pain. This is what I use because I can get my hands wet and it doesn't bother the tape:

https://www.amazon.com/Nexcare-Flex...oof+tape&qid=1562684249&s=gateway&sr=8-4&th=1

Back
Top Bottom