What Exercise Did (Are) You Do(ing) Today

BUM said:
Work in close. Big guys hate that.
Along with lots of motion, it's the only way.

The challenging part is surviving what it takes to get in close... we'll see how I'm doing at this weekend's tournament.

My instructor used to say its like going through a hurricane, but once inside you can do what you want. He was under 6 ft. and had short legs but he could just simply appear within inches of me.

Good luck in the tournament. Don't eat too much kimchi at the post-tourney party.

BUM said:
Don't eat too much kimchi at the post-tourney party.
That'd be a waste-- I'll eat it for lunch and then just breathe on my opponent...

Hey, Laurence, this would presumably fit into your "cleansing" diet-- grilled slabs of tofu topped with kimchi. Yummy!

mickeyd said:
My usual triathalon- Walk/run 2 miles and bike 20 miles

Actually that's a duathlon - but they're still fun.

Today was supposed to an early workout but we had other issues come up. So, it's an early afternoon run before it gets way too hot (3 miles), it's Abs Monday and I'll ride the bike but haven't decided how far. I really should be swimming today but I don't have the time (nor the interest it seems).

Today I ran 3 miles and completed a 1000 yd swim. Tomorrow, I will do an 50 mile bike ride and then I will ride an additional 30 miles on Sunday. I think that is pretty good for an old guy. I used to race in Triathlons but cannot do that anymore so I just train anyway.

Walked from 3rd and Geary along Geary to Polk. Turn right walk uphill to Polk and Washington.  3 Miles.

Retrace = 3 miles.

6 miles of hilly walking.

30 minutes of Thai type boxing on extremely heavy bag in gym.  Mostly knees to side, shins to side and feet to head.  Very bad forms but it felt good.

I walked 3.5 miles this morning. Tomorrow it will lap swimming. I strained something in my neck two weeks ago and was out of the pool for 10 days. I am gradually working my way back up to 1.25 miles. Tomorrow will be about .75 miles.

Grumpy

Four to six feet... still trying to get the timing down on those cutbacks.

mickeyd said:
No, I call it my triathalon: 1. walk 2. run 3. bike~tri

I got ya. Saw walk/run and thought that was one event. Kind of like my swimming - frequent breaks are okay as long as I stay in the pool and tread water or hang on to the edge and look tired. That's still swimming isn't it?

I sometimes do an aqua-duathlon. Hot-tub, swim, hot-tub!

MB

I'm sure theres a noodge around here that'll argue the merits of whether theres a difference between walking and running ;)

AS usual, I do my morning stretches to keep my back and legs limber. Today, I did my light weightlifting since I no longer go to the gym and only have 15 to 35lb dumbbells.

Did the one mile loop around the block with the dog (walking) dropped him off and did two more jogging, another half hour of bowflex and I'm good for the day.

I just did a 3.4 mile brisk walk mostly slightly uphill at about 5% grade. I chose my own route but when I returned home, a mapquest search showed the exact route I took.

Walked 5 miles in 90* heat and high humidity this morning. Some days it feels like I'm dragging a ball and chain. Just another summer day in Texas.

2soon

Walked 5 miles in 90* heat and high humidity this morning.  Some days it feels like I'm dragging a ball and chain.  Just another summer day in Texas.

2soon

I had to do some errands, using the bike. I wound up riding about 40 miles. I will also do 50 to 60 miles tomorrow.

Cancer has really spindled me down. At Macy's this morning and bought my first 31W x 34L pants since I was a teenager. I'm 155lb and 5'10-1/2".

Not sure if it's healthy but I'm shrinking.

Spent an hour on the gym heavy bag, elbows to top, knees to mid. Damned tired. Not in good shape.

Just did 100 crunches. Damn did that hurt. What am I doing, I;m 56 who the hell cares what my abs look like, :D

OAP.
Same thing happened to my Dad when he got cancer. He went through various treatments and therapies and went from 240 to 165, all the while with the doctor smiling. Dr. was happy with both the results of his blood work and the
seemingly never ending weight loss.

Back
Top Bottom