What happened to Ha Ha??

There are a number of MIA members besides Ha. HFWR and Sarah in SC off the top of my head. I see Sarah posting on FB on the rare occasions I sign on there, so she's doing fine in a different tube. But I HFWR is truly MIA as far as I know.

I miss em too.

These threads always remind me of the "friends" episode where Ross host's his own memorial service.

I bet Ha is spending time dancing with the ladies and working out on his Concept 2. Seriously, I hope he is OK.

We've had a few members bail or reduce activity during Covid. Mdlerth bailed with a dramatic announcement. TomboneAl (one of my favorites) took a long break and has only been on sporadically. He didn't say why, but you can see the pattern in his posting history.

I took a good 8 week break myself.

I don't know what's going on with Ha, but he may be part of that trend. He did reduce posting well before Covid, however, so that is worrying.

The discussion here has changed during this time, including the non-Covid threads, so it is only natural to see a change in peoples' posting habits.

I think this line of reasoning may have a lot of merit. I also slowed down, and luckily found the "how to ignore an entire Forum topic" instructions which allowed me to turn off a particular section. Once in a while I log out to take a look at the entire site, but that usually only lasts about 5 minutes. :D

I still look for the occasional gem postings that give me some really good information on retirement and am glad I visited when I find them!

Just for the record:. KEIM is still here and posting at his usual rate.

It sounds like Ha is ok, I'm very glad to hear that.

It reminded me of others MIA... especially Blue Collar Guy. I always enjoyed his posts, and he was one of the very few people to send me PMs.

I was surprised to find he was only an active member here for about eight months (back in 2017). I suppose it was because he had retired many years before that, and that he happened to post a lot at a time when I came here a lot (I was nearing/contemplating retirement).

The people change, but the knowledgeable and entertaining posts just keep coming :)

It sounds like Ha is ok, I'm very glad to hear that.

It reminded me of others MIA... especially Blue Collar Guy. I always enjoyed his posts, and he was one of the very few people to send me PMs.

I was surprised to find he was only an active member here for about eight months (back in 2017). I suppose it was because he had retired many years before that, and that he happened to post a lot at a time when I came here a lot (I was nearing/contemplating retirement).

The people change, but the knowledgeable and entertaining posts just keep coming :)

Miss Blue Collar Guy's posts too. Very entertaining.

BCG just stopped very suddenly in 2017.

Sometimes, a poster may just want to take a break, or has some other diversions. I hope my friend redduck is still OK.

I have seen posters disappear for a long time, then suddenly come back. Examples include meierlde, and 73ss454. There are quite a few more.

Maybe I have the wrong poster, but I thought BCG was "gone travelling" for a while. But maybe I have the wrong person.

I thought so, but just looked at his account and his status was restored to normal.

Maybe I have the wrong poster, but I thought BCG was "gone travelling" for a while. But maybe I have the wrong person.

I think he was gone traveling at one point, but then "came back".

I think he was gone traveling at one point, but then "came back".
Yeah, I remember that too.

I'm hoping he is OK. My guess is he got another warning and decided to just leave. It happens.

He may have been a bit too wide open at times, but overall, he was entertaining and sometimes thought provoking.

Sometimes, a poster may just want to take a break, or has some other diversions. I hope my friend redduck is still OK.

I have seen posters disappear for a long time, then suddenly come back. Examples include meierlde, and 73ss454. There are quite a few more.

Yeah, I enjoyed Senator’s avid and well-informed posts right through his retirement party. I think he still drops in occasionally.

I’ve noticed FIRE bloggers seem to run out of steam after about 3 years and trail off. I myself left Facebook after several years, because I consistently felt worse after reading it. Same for LinkedIn now that I’ve FIREd. In fact, my profile there says “On Sabbatical” and my title is “Chief Enjoyment Officer.” 🥳[emoji898]

I, too, miss hearing form all these folks.
Hope they are all well.
I take breaks from FB and other social media, so maybe thats what they are doing.
No breaks from ER forum, though, I learn too much here!

I, too, miss hearing form all these folks.
Hope they are all well.
I take breaks from FB and other social media, so maybe thats what they are doing.
No breaks from ER forum, though, I learn too much here!

I agree! When I ditched FB and Twitter, I felt...well...liberated, free, reborn, grateful. If I ditched ER, I don't think I would have similar feelings. :D

I agree! When I ditched FB and Twitter, I felt...well...liberated, free, reborn, grateful. If I ditched ER, I don't think I would have similar feelings. :D

Probably because on ER, while we are different, we are all seeking or enjoying FIRE. We want others to seek and enjoy it as well, regardless of background, so we encourage each other. We do not care how someone tells us they attained it, or if someone attains it before we do, or faster/younger than we did - we are just happy that they did. That type of attitude does not sit well in much of the social media world. :)

Edited to add: And we have moderators who gently keep us in line on these things. :)

I bet Ha is spending time dancing with the ladies and working out on his Concept 2. Seriously, I hope he is OK.
I am scared of the coronavirus dancing, and most of our local venues are closed to on hiatus. But I am still very into my concept2! I must have overdone a bit because I am dealing or attempting to deal with a common Concept2 issue- stiff back!

Good hearing from you DFW! So many old friends here!

Ha

Ha, these unexplained and unexpected disappearances are disconcerting. Please be respectful of your old E-R friends and give advance notice if you depart for an extended period, especially if you become seriously ill or die. :)

I am scared of the coronavirus dancing, and most of our local venues are closed to on hiatus. But I am still very into my concept2! I must have overdone a bit because I am dealing or attempting to deal with a common Concept2 issue- stiff back!

Ha

So glad you gave us an update!

Nice to see you back, haha! :dance:

Ha

So glad to see that you are OK after all!! This is very good news.

Sorry to read that you have a stiff back.

Back
Top Bottom