What is the craziest stunt you've ever pulled?

Not sure, but tequila was probably involved...

My DH has been on permanent tequila restriction ever since we were dating. When we lived at the beach, he had a very bad habit of disappearing from the house, going down to the beach, going swimming naked, then losing his clothes. No more tequila!

When I was in elementary school, my best friend lived out in the country, right across from a huge field that was about 3/4 mile long and 1/2 mile wide. The guy who owned it ran sheep, but he had given us permission to ride my friend's horses in it so long as we didn't chase or harass the sheep.

So one summer day, having read a little too much Marguerite Henry (Pride of the Palio), we shimmied into our swimsuits and onto the horses sans tack (no bridles, no saddles). We drew lots and my BF lost; she rode to the far end of the field. We faced the horses towards each other and then, whooping like maniacs, kicked them into full gallops.

When we got abreast of each other, we tried to shove each other off the horses. This is at a dead run, with nothing to hold onto. The first couple of times we missed, but finally we started getting "good" at it and one or the other of us went flying. I fell so hard that I plowed a 6-foot-long furrow in the field with my shoulder.

It's a miracle we didn't break our necks. It's even more of a miracle neither of our parents found out.

Whether or not this was better than stealing the neighbor's ATV and joyriding through three acres of ripe wheat (which I had done with another friend at the tender age of six) remains to be determined...

Awesome Urchina--I have suffered under the same delusions, mine perhaps brought on by Linda Craig's Chica de Oro series. I attempted to jump from one horse to a loose, very skittish horse in a field who was peacefully eating grass until this object dropped from the sky onto his back!

I lasted about 10 seconds before getting dumped and felt like I totally deserved it! Good thing we never figured out your game--surely would have killed ourselves!

OK, another one, this is quite stupid:

The Mississippi River Bridge, La Crosse, WI

I jumped off THIS bridge on a dare in the middle of the night, how dumb was that? Luckily I was wearing a life vest and had a boat waiting for me nearby. 68 feet is a LONG way down, to me.........

NOT worth $100, even though that was 1983........:(

Awesome Urchina--I have suffered under the same delusions, mine perhaps brought on by Linda Craig's Chica de Oro series. I attempted to jump from one horse to a loose, very skittish horse in a field who was peacefully eating grass until this object dropped from the sky onto his back!

I lasted about 10 seconds before getting dumped and felt like I totally deserved it! Good thing we never figured out your game--surely would have killed ourselves!

That's not bad! I think rodeo bronco riders only have to stay on for 8 seconds.:D

Dropping water balloons ...

Out of the Atlanta hotel's 'way-up-there' floor, during a Speech and Hearing Association convention. We were all [-]****-faced[/-] drunk. We filled up 7 or 8 balloons, plus we added some creamers from the coffee trays. We had to unscrew the anti-suicide jumper windows. Said window was almost directly over the hotel's entrance.

Worst part was when we ran out of balloons, so, in a totally [-]****-faced[/-] drunken flash of inspiration, I suggested we use condoms. That was a real hit. We fill these with a mixture of cream, milk, sugar and water, and--leaning 'way out, with another drunk's hand on my leather belt-- we dropped these for a while.

I'm pretty sure we got some folks.

I stumbled back to bed, about 2:00 AM. Got up, ate, gave my talk on objective analysis of vocal disorders without the use of instruments. Then packed up and flew home.

My wife -- at the time -- helped me un-pack, and 'commented' upon the 5 unused condoms that she found in my suitcase. She didn't say anything about the handful of 'non-dairy creamers' she also found. There were issues of truthfulness and believability. The divorce came on about 5 years later, after being systematically ruined. :ROFLMAO:

I was about 32, then.

Ah...the Human Pinball trick. :LOL:
Ever take a ride on the Horizontal Ferris Wheel ?
You don't want to be ridin' below me on the Ferris Wheel!

Just kidding, I was the one who got "rained" on:sick:; don't remember which ride; it had spinning cages, may have gone round like a ferris wheel.

You don't want to be ridin' below me on the Ferris Wheel!

Just kidding, I was the one who got "rained" on:sick:; don't remember which ride; it had spinning cages, may have gone round like a ferris wheel.
The Horizontal Ferris Wheel is when you stumble into your room, lay down on the bed, and the room starts spinning.
Putting 1 foot on the floor is futile.
Sitting up is futile.
Resistance is futile.

It was in Boulder, Colorado in the winter ...

... of 1962, I think. Some how, I'd gotten friends with the fencing club, and we'd somehow gotten plowed on 3.2 beer (you have to fast for several hours, first, then 'tank up' fast). We all had on our gear, and so the little car bristled with ancient weaponary, including a rapier-and-dagger kit. Anyway, there were 7 of us in an old, standard VW beetle (the one with the air-cooled engine in the rear). It was COLD, and the streets had been plowed, in such a way that the curve of the road, that shunted water off to the drains on either side, had been reversed.

So we were driving in a sort-of 'U'-shaped snowy ditch, up the center of the street, which was glare ice. Somehow, the overloaded little car made it almost to the top of the hill, and then the tires spun.

And then, with 7 drunken undergraduates yelling obscene things and waving foils, epees and sabers out the windows, and with the tires spinning uselessly on the ice, we slid backwards down the street for some 20 blocks or so, gaining speed with every block.

We hit nothing, and no one official saw us. We finally plowed into a deep snowbank, which jammed the stubby tailpipes of the VW back into muffler, we climbed out, and managed to walk back to school.

I had to chip the car loose the next day, as it was effectively buried in dirty, half-melted and re-frozen snow.

Then, of course, that summer, I took it into the Rocky Mountains, to a dude ranch, where I managed to bend the crankshaft (from the inside), herding horses with it.

I was always a "good little girl" and never pulled any crazy stunts. :angel: That was because my two big brothers pulled such hair-raising stunts that there was no point! Besides, I saw the consequences which were awful.

For example, my oldest brother was stopped by the police when driving the family car ten miles from home on the other side of the city... when he was seven years old. :eek:

They pulled off many more equally outrageous stunts. The only stunts I was involved in were theirs, such as when we purposely ditched our parents in Tokyo at ages 6 (me), 10, and 11, and spent a lovely afternoon window shopping by ourselves. Our parents were freaking out because thought we were lost. :2funny:

The next year we were visiting New Orleans and my oldest brother sneaked out of the hotel room and spent the night carousing, drinking, and watching the adult shows on Bourbon Street. They didn't really check ID's on Bourbon St. so even though he was just 12 he had a ball (and my parents were furious).

Six years later my other brother blew up the toilet at college with some chemicals from his chemistry lab (yeah, REAL mature! not. He had to pay for it, too.).

I don't remember this one because I was too young, but back when I was a baby, they dropped a heavy, room-sized oriental rug off a 20 foot balcony from the second floor on top of our baby sitter, who had been chatting on the phone for a long time - - it knocked her down and completely covered her, and she never saw it coming. She never came back. But me? Nope. No stunts that I can recall.

Last edited:
The Horizontal Ferris Wheel is when you stumble into your room, lay down on the bed, and the room starts spinning.
Putting 1 foot on the floor is futile.
Sitting up is futile.
Resistance is futile.

Is this related to the bed turning into a cylinder?

Also recall laying on the bed, watching the ceiling crawl into one corner.

Last edited:
Is this related to the bed turning into a cylinder?

Also recall laying on the bed, watching the ceiling crawl into one corner.
Girl, send me some of that joy juice! :cool:

I learned early on to stick with beer, and wine once in a while. And never mix the two. :nonono:

... of 1962, I think. Some how, I'd gotten friends with the fencing club, and we'd somehow gotten plowed on 3.2 beer (you have to fast for several hours, first, then 'tank up' fast). We all had on our gear, and so the little car bristled with ancient weaponary, including a rapier-and-dagger kit. Anyway, there were 7 of us in an old, standard VW beetle (the one with the air-cooled engine in the rear). It was COLD, and the streets had been plowed, in such a way that the curve of the road, that shunted water off to the drains on either side, had been reversed.

So we were driving in a sort-of 'U'-shaped snowy ditch, up the center of the street, which was glare ice. Somehow, the overloaded little car made it almost to the top of the hill, and then the tires spun.

And then, with 7 drunken undergraduates yelling obscene things and waving foils, epees and sabers out the windows, and with the tires spinning uselessly on the ice, we slid backwards down the street for some 20 blocks or so, gaining speed with every block.

We hit nothing, and no one official saw us. We finally plowed into a deep snowbank, which jammed the stubby tailpipes of the VW back into muffler, we climbed out, and managed to walk back to school.

I had to chip the car loose the next day, as it was effectively buried in dirty, half-melted and re-frozen snow.

Then, of course, that summer, I took it into the Rocky Mountains, to a dude ranch, where I managed to bend the crankshaft (from the inside), herding horses with it.
In a VW beetle!!! DUDE!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Y'all are some dangerous folks!
We regularly had bottle rocket wars, one ending with a sweater on fire.
We did a lot of naked drunken ocean swimming as teens that surely could have ended in disaster.

One serious rite of passage in my hometown is to ride the Coburg cow. I decided to take my turn while my parents were on vacation and I was about 16 or so.
The Coburg Cow is a giant sign at the corner of a shopping center on Hwy 17, a main thoroughfare in Charleston. It has a large cow and a milk carton that spins around about 30 feet in the air, and was probably put there in the early 70s. You had to climb up the sign, jump on the spinning (albeit slowly) part, and then mount the cow. All this on a busy street (but we did our turn at about 2 am) near a police substation.

We didn't get caught, but it was quite a thrill! The Citadel students were famous for taking the tail off the cow--just about every time they replaced the tail, it was gone again. Now the sign has electrified wire around it in an effort to dissuade climbers.

OK, I did the first two, but I never rode the Coburg cow. We lived several blocks from there and used to play at the dairy and get samples. I know my brothers rode the cow, but I can't believe I never did it.

One night while skinny dipping out at Folly, somebody moved our clothes. Scared me to death thinking of having to go home without clothes. We finally found them and jumped in the car naked and started driving and putting on our clothes. A cop was up ahead and signaled us to stop for some reason. We barely got our clothes on.

In college, my friend and I borrowed a car and got drunk and BOTH drove home. I was steering and she was working the pedals. The same friend and I the next summer in France got pulled by the police and didn't have our passports with us. We had picked up cute french hitchhickers who were in the back seat. It was about 3 AM. The police were going to follow us back to friend's uncle's house (who had rented the car for us and was some rich guy in town)to get the passports. Fortunately they waved us on after somebody in a mercedes ran a red light. We couldn't remember how to get back to the house anyway, or were too drunk to remember maybe.

quite a few others, but a girl can't give up all her secrets can she?

As a kid of ~10, after reading King Solomon's Mines, I gathered up the neighborhood kids and we headed off into the storm sewers of Lynchburg VA. We had plenty of potato chips and cokes, flashlights, and my handy pocketknife. What we didn't have is a clue. Especially a clue how to get back out after getting lost at around turn three. We wandered around in the nastiness past the rats for about two hours, before finally finding a ladder we could reach. Came up through a manhole in the middle of the street about a mile and a half from home. We made it back home (aboveground), and I swore all the littler kids to secrecy. Didn't work, of course. Got ratted out by a highly traumatized 7 year old. I think I'm still grounded from that one. The worst part was having to get typhoid shots. Those suckers hurt! A second reason I couldn't sit down for a while. :eek:

Ahhhh....you started early didn't you?
I think I'm still grounded from that one.
This part makes me laugh out loud! I'm very hesitant to tell my mom and dad about some of my adventures....and I'm 51. :LOL:

I'm very hesitant to tell my mom and dad about some of my adventures....and I'm 51. :LOL:
I'm sure they feel that they've already suffered enough...

I'm never going to tell my father about some things that perhaps he already suspects.

Back
Top Bottom