What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

I got another 4 usb rechargable headlamps to take to Malawi and leave. Also a bluetooth microphone to help my old ears hear course participants who tend to be quite soft spoken and sometimes have accents that make things more difficult as well.

This Nexus 5 is considered obsolete by many, but I do not see that I need something newer. Maybe I do not know what I am missing, but ignorance is bliss as they say.

The Nexus 5 has a very bright screen that makes it quite good in daylight compared to most modern phones. Lots of folks who need to use their phone outside a lot seek them out even though they are not very current and won't run some newer software.

I would NOT recommend buying these unless you have unlimited self control.

Brookside Almonds in Dark Chocolate dusted with Raspberry dust.

Last edited:
Polar HR Monitor for DW, her strap was very worn and the transmitter just stopped working. We tried to replace the battery (multiple people tried) all we did was destroy the plastic battery cap. Well, nothing lasts forever.:)

A roller and some papers so I can roll good joints!

Imagine if Amazon started selling pot.

Just arrived today (but in a previous order) was a fuel tester from Briggs and Stratton. $4 and tells you the alcohol content in fuel.

Basically it's a short graduated test tube that you put some distilled water in, fill the rest of it with gasohol, and it'll give you a good indication of the alcohol content of the fuel. Not lab quality of course, but few people need that level of accuracy.

A telescoping aluminum ladder to allow me to sweep leaves and debris off the top of the RV slides before retracting them. I've got no business climbing all the way on top of the roof of the RV to sweep off the slides and I'm too cheap to have slide awnings installed. This low-cost safety compromise will keep me 4-5 ft off the ground at max.

Last edited:
Just opened my package of a couple of CR1616 batteries, to go in my Honda remote/key.

I also just replaced the Subaru remote fob batteries last weekend, but those are Bluetooth, always on, so 2 years isn't a bad life. Plus the (2017) Subaru told us the battery was low, which was nice! On the (2006) Honda, I have to notice that I have to be right next to the car to unlock the door before I know to replace the battery.

I’ve been waiting for over a year for a price reduction on this: Bose SoundTouch 30 wireless speaker. It had been stuck at $500 for the longest time and didn’t budge over this past holiday season. So I just held on and noticed (finally!) a price cut of $100. Maybe that model is on the way out but I’ve been really happy with the SoundTouch pieces I already own.

This guy arrived this morning and I couldn't be more pleased. Just what I'd hoped for in terms of sound quality for the location and intended use. I delayed making the usual Sunday morning brunch to set it up which, thankfully, took way less time than the time lost due to the time change overnight.

First up was a test of Internet radio using a station I've been enjoying lately called Venice Classic. But the real test was the recently redone version of Sgt. Pepper. My! How did they DO that way back when?!? Fantastic!

31Kcl6APioL.jpg

Hate searching for car keys! Only happens a couple of times a year.

A behavioral finance book. Not sure if it will add much to the knowledge I got by paying attention to the advice my grandfather gave me as a kid.

You won't care, but at my age, I do. Instead of showing the link, here's the description.

Micron Superior is a radiopaque Glass Ionomer Cement for restoration of primary teeth, core build up and restoration of class III, V and limited class I cavities.

After years of dental bills, at my age, I'm pretty savvy as to what's serious and what shouldn't cost $1000. +
Now I do it myself. Obvious cavities, caps that fall off, and teeth that break or get sharp. A neat two part powder and liquid that you mix... put in.... and lasts forever. Essentially glass. Natural tooth color. Permanent!

Shhh... keep this on the hush hush, 'cuz we don't want to put dentists out of business.

Maybe not as important when you are age 25, but i sure wish it had been around when I was younger. Could've retired at a younger age.

$12 to $25 has saved me thousands in the past several years.

(must read the instructions for best results... practice.)

Bought a Brother label printer to replace a Dymo model which uses an awkward, bad battery design. The Brother, instead uses AA batteries or a power adapter :).

Attachments

• 31GfCkC-QiL.jpg
    31GfCkC-QiL.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 218
A photo cyan ink cartridge for the Canon Pro-100 printer we use for printing photos.

Pepper spray for DW (for her to carry,) :LOL:

A few too many canine issues in the neighborhood lately. Our fur kid has zero interest in other mutts. We haven't had a confrontation, but there's been a few... I'll train her before setting her loose with it.

2 packs socks, 6 packs wine yeast, potassium metabisulfate, tailgate hinge for my Colorado pickup, angle brackets to modify new drapery rod hangers, 3 books for grandkids, kit to repair plaster lathe, and some "rainbow" tomato seeds. Obviously not at same vendors.

I recently bought a $5 "add on" item at Amazon, then discovered I did not need it. I decided to return it as I have an Amazon locker a few blocks away, so I can return it for free. Amazon asked the reason for the return and I was honest - I checked "ordered in error". They replied, keep it, we will refund your money. I'm surprised.

Back
Top Bottom