What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

A Kindle, just ordered today. Yup, finally giving up on the paperbacks.

Girlfriend wanted to cuddle last night and I couldn't read with her head on my shoulder. Kindle (one hand) should do the trick.

Ordered a new rake last night, after driving all over town trying to find one made here in the USA, with no luck.
I bought a rake from the local hardware store a couple of years ago. I think it was made in China. It lasted about two pulls and fell apart. Reworked the old rake I wanted to replace and it is still going strong.

A pair of elastic bottom stretch pants to make post-surgery pains more comfortable than blue jeans. I'm pretty sure I'll never be seen in public wearing these.

And now for the obligatory photos or it didn't happen! :D

There are some things, such as humans flying at faster-than-light speeds, that are simply not going to be seen in our lifetimes. This is also one of those things.

But they did arrive today.:LOL:

There are some things, such as humans flying at faster-than-light speeds, that are simply not going to be seen in our lifetimes. This is also one of those things.

But they did arrive today.:LOL:

Haha! I really wanted to see you modeling the latest in post-op fashion! :D

I'm doing some accounting for my little side business, and having to look up some 6-9 month old orders. Amazon makes it pretty easy. I've seen a few articles recently about how Amazon's lost it's mojo, but they're still the gold standard of customer service. As long as you don't need to actually talk to a human.

I'm doing some accounting for my little side business, and having to look up some 6-9 month old orders. Amazon makes it pretty easy. I've seen a few articles recently about how Amazon's lost it's mojo, but they're still the gold standard of customer service. As long as you don't need to actually talk to a human.

It's very easy to talk to a human at Amazon.

Click the HELP tab
Hover your pointer over the NEED MORE HELP tab under "Recommended Topics"
Click the CONTACT US tab
You will be directed to a page with two steps
Step one click the 'something else' button
Step two select an issue, then select 'other'
Three tabs will show up;
e-mail, phone, chat

Select phone and enter your phone #. A call will ring on your phone within seconds. Answer your phone and a message will tell you to hold on as they get a rep on line for you. A rep will come on within seconds. And there you GO!

Last edited:
Never mind? Is that anything like 'Thank you'?

If so, you are welcome.

I think the point was as follows:

1 - That is a horribly convoluted non-intuitive way to talk to a human. Amazon would rather you NOT contact them by voice, obviously.
2 - Those steps don't really qualify as 'easy'

Nothing personal, the steps you provided work...

If so, you are welcome.

Thank you! I've been frustrated in the past at not knowing how to get hold of a real person at Amazon. That's very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

If so, you are welcome.

Yes, thanks. I haven't ever needed to talk to a human at Amazon, because their automated processes are so good, but it's good to know how.

I think the point was as follows:

1 - That is a horribly convoluted non-intuitive way to talk to a human. Amazon would rather you NOT contact them by voice, obviously.
2 - Those steps don't really qualify as 'easy'

Nothing personal, the steps you provided work...

What he said. If they wanted you to be able to call, they'd just list a phone number under the "Contact Us" option like most other companies. That's the point I was making.

Back to the thread topic, anybody else order anything at all from Amazon lately?
I also recently bought a set of small colored flashlights and a variety of small tape measures. Had the whole thing sent to the grandkids. It cost less than many games and gives them lots more entertainment value.

If they wanted you to be able to call, they'd just list a phone number under the "Contact Us" option like most other companies. That's the point I was making.

Amazon keeps it's costs low due to it's intensive automation. There is a premium associated with talking with a live agent with most other companies, usually offset in the shipping I imagine.
The idea is to ask the customer a few questions to see if there's already a solution to the most common types of inquiries. If not, then either a call, e-mail or chat is available.
I use Amazon a lot. If I posted every 'last thing' I ordered, I'd be posting almost daily! Ha!

To keep in line with the thread, here's what I ordered yesterday;
Curt 2" receiver tube
XFasten Anti Slip Tape
Battery quick connect kit for a winch
Ceramic Male-to-Female wired harness adapter for H4 head lights
5 pack of BOSCH style relays with sockets
6 position fuse box with cover
Stinky Pig game
BellZ! game
Towbar safety cable
Solid disc brake rotors
3.5 gallon pancake compressor

I'm retired and have a lot of projects. One is to restore classic cars and motorcycles. I find my best deals are frequently on Amazon.

I use Amazon a lot. If I posted every 'last thing' I ordered, I'd be posting almost daily! Ha!

Nobody said you HAVE to post everything you ordered, or anything at all on this thread. :rolleyes:

The topic of the thread is,
"What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?"
I think that's pretty simple for most of us to understand.

Please start a new thread if you have other topics concerning Amazon that you wish to discuss.

Last edited:
My wife just ordered and received a Kindle Fire. Personally, I don't order much from Amazon. Just about every time I comparison shop, I can find the item cheaper from other online sources, especially considering Amazon charges state tax.

Back
Top Bottom