What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Just ordered a used book for a penny, shipping was $3.99. Over the Edge, deaths at the Grand Canyon. We stopped to see the Grand Canyon a couple weeks ago, just curious how many people die there each year. Saw many idiots standing on edges with toes hanging over. Parents not watching their kids.......

Death in the Grand Canyon | Maps We Love

Here's an interactive map to go with your book.

Just ordered a used book for a penny, shipping was $3.99. Over the Edge, deaths at the Grand Canyon. We stopped to see the Grand Canyon a couple weeks ago, just curious how many people die there each year. Saw many idiots standing on edges with toes hanging over. Parents not watching their kids.......

One of my fav Grand Canyon books is this one-having been on river trips, (but not down the Colorado) I appreciated the stories. http://www.amazon.com/Theres-River-...=1460510278&sr=1-1&keywords=theres+this+river

AAARRRGGGHHH! I hate how Amazon hardly provides any details on some products. I am shopping for several dozen hvac air filters and they don't list the MERV filtration rating. I put my question on the site and they "posted it to the community". No replies. And I hate that they send me crazy questions about an item I bought 3 yrs ago (can you answer this?). Need to see if there's any way to opt out of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

A wheeled laundry hamper to replace my broken plastic one - will be much easier on my back. Replacement pond lights - solar powered this time. And an extension cord for the air compressor we keep in the motorhome (so I can bring my 100' cord back to the garage).

Best ranger talk I ever heard:

Ranger: many people fall over, or intentionally throw themselves over each year.
Person in crowd: so each year, how many die?
Ranger: all of them.

Last edited:

Prepping for Darwin awards?☺

Just noticed a few days ago that for amazon prime members some clothing has both free 2 dayshipping and free returns. I ordered two Columbia rain jacket, one size med, one size large, as not sure which would fit. Arrived on time and I will be able to return the one that doesnt fit, no return shipping fee. :dance: Extra nice that this jacket was on sale, 66% off!

Zombie Cat for a friend who likes all the Walking Dead stuff because he did some favors for me....he loved it!!!!

ALso a kit to store silver stuff in to keep it from tarnishing, silver polish and a loupe.

5 Kwikset rekeyable locksets. Some of the door locks on my house are about worn out and I am tired of carrying around separate keys for each door so I am going to replace all the locks and have one key for everything.

Candy :blush:

Box of Big Hunks for the wife
Box of Peanut Butter Twix for me and See's toffee and peanut brittle to give a try. Nothing healthy....:nonono:

So I can walk like normal

So I need to be able to ride my mountain bike without losing all feeling in my backside. Amazon will have it here Friday.
4123plQkHOL.jpg

I received a box of 3.5 inch nails for my nail gun last night. It looked more like the "medicine balls" we threw around in high school. I restacked the nail strips in the previous box that was almost empty. Looks like I probably lost a couple hundred nails in shipping and will probably loose another hundred or so in broken nail strips. That's out of 4000 nails. Plus I got an extra pound or so of very used package wrapping tape!

I've had similar experiences with nails ordered through Amazon. Not quite as bad as that, but not what I expected. After going through the experience, I decided to pay the extra and buy them from a local Home Depot.

I've had similar experiences with nails ordered through Amazon. Not quite as bad as that, but not what I expected. After going through the experience, I decided to pay the extra and buy them from a local Home Depot.

I agree. I buy most of my nails at Home Depot, but they don't carry that long of a nail in the configuration I need.

Just noticed a few days ago that for amazon prime members some clothing has both free 2 dayshipping and free returns. I ordered two Columbia rain jacket, one size med, one size large, as not sure which would fit. Arrived on time and I will be able to return the one that doesnt fit, no return shipping fee. :dance: Extra nice that this jacket was on sale, 66% off!

Yes, they do that a lot for clothing and shoes. I assume it's to encourage folks to buy with them instead of shopping at a store where they can try clothes on. I've done the same thing - try multiple sizes and return what doesn't fit.

Looks like American and European customers will be getting their Amazon orders even faster in the near future...

It's been an open secret for a while that Amazon is going to be adding substantially to its own fleet of freighters in the US soon...
atsg-confirms-amazon-freighter-network-deal
ATSG confirms Amazon freighter network deal - Air Cargo News
- the initial fleet will be 15 x 767F and more added next year (note the industry news site used a 747F mockup in the picture.... :facepalm:)

The shipping industry is also talking a lot this week about the fact Amazon seems to be in negotiations to take over most of the old Hahn airport in Germany...
speculation-grows-around-amazon-interest-in-frankfurt-hahn-airport
Speculation grows around Amazon interest in Frankfurt-Hahn airport - Air Cargo News

UP MOVE by Jawbone.

I have had a Fitbit One, but I gave it to GS about a year ago. While this does not have a display, it's Iphone App is good. I linked it to MyfitnessPal and the two work great together. I use my Iphone to measure activity for MyfitnessPal and the UP app for the MOVE. The calorie adjustment for the two is about 25 cal. off between the two at the end of the day.

The battery is good for about 6 months, and that's just longer that I will use it! A year from now when I decide to get in the mood again, I'll just replace the battery.

I finally broke down and orderd from amazon an inductive cooktop someone mentioned in one of the threads. Got here yesterday. Price was cheap enough at $59.- with free shipping. It is for my mancave. Will test it in a few days when I get there.

I'll be curious to see if it works off of an inverter with square wave output. and compare it to see if works faster with a small cast iron skillet to make eggs and bacon as compared to the same on a propane stove.

The price was cheap enough for an experiment. Since my solar system is stranded cost, the electric juice is now free, propane I still have to buy.

Back
Top Bottom