What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

B&H is a good supplier for computer and camera equipment. They usually package these items much better than Amazon as well.

I love B&H, and would buy more from them if I got [-]a better kickback[/-] better CC rewards. The only other issue I have is having to wait through Jewish holidays before they'll process the order. More like an amusing quirk, though.

I love B&H, and would buy more from them if I got [-]a better kickback[/-] better CC rewards. The only other issue I have is having to wait through Jewish holidays before they'll process the order. More like an amusing quirk, though.
That's how we keep track of the Jewish holidays!

They are good for selling our used camera equipment back too. Easy to deal with.

I just went wild and splurged $1.99 (CDN) on the American Heritage History of Mexico, Kindle edition, on sale via Book Bub.

Ordered a new unlocked cell phone today. Did the research on line, then selected based on price, delivery, and vendor.

So, this week I ordered three items from various online stores. Never ventured into store. So much easier and much less hassle.

Last edited:
EWheels 600w electric moped. Goes about 22 mph. Just plug it into the outlet and you get about 25 miles per charge. Use it to zip around the gated community. Don't know that I would take it out on heavily traveled roads but it is a lot of fun. It's our mini Tesla!:LOL:

Attachments

• 61FlaPfwaEL._SX522_.jpg
    61FlaPfwaEL._SX522_.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 26
Dog food and a couple little things. Due to arrive today with two-day Prime shipping. An email received just now:

SIGN IN FOR DETAILS
From AMZL US at 12PM today.
A carrier delay has occurred

We're sorry your package is late
We are working to get your package back on track, and we'll let you know as soon as we get delivery information from AMZL US.
Please come back Wednesday if you still don't have it and we'll help you out.
Was expected today by 8PM

Wednesday?? Three days from now?? Tracking info shows the package is ten miles away from my house. GRRRRR!

Be sure to complain to Amazon CS about the delay and get a one-month extension on your Prime benefits.

Thank you—I will! Super annoying to have first received an email this afternoon that the items were on their way (sent after the items were already returned to the nearby shipping facility) and then to get this one.

Dog food and a couple little things. Due to arrive today with two-day Prime shipping. An email received just now:

Wednesday?? Three days from now?? Tracking info shows the package is ten miles away from my house. GRRRRR!

I'm 6 days into a delivery situation like this. I think they want to blame Harvey, but that's history. Seems like it's getting longer and longer to get stuff from them. DD has started using Walmart home delivery instead of Amazon.

My last 2 orders have resulted in Prime delivery way past the 2 days. I've noticed the true 2 day delivery is advertised as prime 2 day delivery. The others are advertised as Prime 2 business day deliveries. The latest one, ordered today, will be delivered a week from tomorrow...or 6 business days :mad:. Not happy as I needed it sooner.

Just ordered a HD Video Capture Device.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LAP3GC8

First thought this was a DTV tuner but instead it is pretty much a device to just record.

Hopefully, with this, I'll finally efficiently digitize some VHS tapes I have sitting around for probably over 10 years.

I rolled the dice and ordered used (like new condition), from Amazon Warehouse as price is about 30% cheaper than new.

Also, gonna try Amazon Locker for delivery.....because I can :cool:.

Attachments

• 81L8239JPyL._SL1500_.jpg
    81L8239JPyL._SL1500_.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 29
The sales are starting!!!! I just ordered a Greenworks 16inch rechargeable chain saw and lithium battery for a 114 bucks we have a two year old one that we love. My hubby wanted an extra battery for it but they are over a hundred bucks.. so now we basically got a "free" chainsaw.

Thank you—I will! Super annoying to have first received an email this afternoon that the items were on their way (sent after the items were already returned to the nearby shipping facility) and then to get this one.

What you see when tracking a package are the locations and timeframe a package should travel but the physical scans are sometimes different. When the two are reconciled they may be different which is why you received two different emails.

Your package may or may not actually be 10 miles from your house. It's probably damaged and will be returned to Amazon.

In February I switched from being a delivery driver to a damage clerk at UPS and Amazon and Walmart are the bulk of the damaged packages that I process. The boxes they use are too big usually and they only throw in a couple strips of air bags for packing.

Two examples that I processed this week are a box with dog food and Tide pods. The dog food had dozens of slices in the bag from the Tide bouncing around in the box. Every time the contents shifted the hard plastic dome on the Tide sliced the bag. No one is going to accept dog food that way so I sent it back to Amazon.

The second was six bottles of laundry detergent tossed into an oversized box with a few air bags. One of the lids came off a detergent bottle. It soaked the box and soiled the other 5 bottles. It all went back to Walmart. It also caused a lot of collateral damage. All the boxes around the Walmart box in the semi were also soaked with detergent and had to be inspected and rewrapping or processed as damaged if the contents were soiled.

Collateral damage from liquids is very common. Detergents, drinks, paint, deer repellant, acetone are a few of the recent ones I've dealt with. The acetone when it leaked all over the nearby packages erased all the ink off the labels and we were left with dozens of anonymous packages.

The acetone when it leaked all over the nearby packages erased all the ink off the labels and we were left with dozens of anonymous packages.

Ah, so THAT'S what happened to the ink cartridge that just up and disappeared!

Thank you for the inside story of what goes on with packages.

Just bought a highchair as a gift. It was $90. Special price. The identical item/model number was on the costo web site for $159. Glad we checked.

Also ordered a new ipad mini cover and a cell phone cover.

They are great! Mine is in a grocery story within walking distance. A secure way to get packages delivered.

- Rita

The nearest Amazon Locker by me is at a Whole Foods well within walking distance. Picking up a package was easy peasy.

Unfortunately, I had to return what I bought (electronic device) and returning via Amazon Locker wasn't an option for that product (unless I missed the option on the screen). Instead, I had to make a nice walk to The UPS Store about 2 miles away (could have drove too, but needed the exercise).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom