What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

I ordered several things I have had on my Wish List, the most notable of which is a pair of onion glasses. No, not made of onions! They are goggles that you wear while chopping onions that protect your eyes from the vapours, so you don’t cry.

I got a pair of these for my sister. They work :)

The only thing she said was, Thanks, now I can't pawn off the onion chopping on my husband..."

I got a pair of these for my sister. They work :)

The only thing she said was, Thanks, now I can't pawn off the onion chopping on my husband..."

Yeah, but husbands are not on sale this week!

Six month trial digital subscription to the Washington Post. Free with Prime.

I have a Prime Pantry box that is Out for Delivery today, with nonperishables like coffee, oatmeal, paper plates, and TP. Pretty unexciting.

Also, I ordered a pretty watch, some non-skid socks for fall prevention around the house, another bed pillow because I have one just like it and love it, and some batteries and so on.

Originally I was planning to get the same watch with a teal colored watchband, but it went up in price to $18.74 while the same watch with a purple watchband did not and was still $13.99 on Monday when I ordered it (it has since gone up too). So anyway, for the difference of $4.75, it's purple for me.... :D

Last edited:
^ wow - I didn't know you could buy stuff like coffee, oatmeal, paper plates, and TP from Amazon.

You can get all sorts of grocery items. For example, I recently ordered some cheese making supplies.

You can get all sorts of grocery items. For example, I recently ordered some cheese making supplies.
+1

I often order a case of McCann's steel cut oats. Our grocery store carries them, but when they run out it's often a couple of months till there stocked.

^ wow - I didn't know you could buy stuff like coffee, oatmeal, paper plates, and TP from Amazon.

Go to the Amazon site. Then on their pull down menu, select "Food and Grocery". There's a world of things like that which you can order!

If you have Amazon Prime, you can get a huge box of that sort of stuff delivered for a shipping fee of $5.99 through Prime Pantry (and often you can get the shipping fee removed by various means). Some of the non-perishables that I order this way are cheaper than my grocery store, some are not. These items are delivered to my front door, and that is my favorite thing about Prime Pantry.

(EDITED TO ADD: Not all of this type of item is eligible for Prime Pantry; you can explore what is, on the website).

Last edited:
Go to the Amazon site. Then on their pull down menu, select "Food and Grocery". There's a world of things like that which you can order!

If you have Amazon Prime, you can get a huge box of that sort of stuff delivered for a shipping fee of $5.99 through Prime Pantry (and often you can get the shipping fee removed by various means). Some of the non-perishables that I order this way are cheaper than my grocery store, some are not. These items are delivered to my front door, and that is my favorite thing about Prime Pantry.

My local big box grocery store (BC owned) has recently started to offer online shopping with pickup or delivery. Before Christmas, I returned from a trip to an empty fridge, so I gave it a try, and included lots of on sale big items such as TP (and my Christmas turkey). First delivery was free and there was even a free gift. The staff were very professional. They picked the freshest fruit and vegetables. It was a great experience and I will do it again when I have a big order. I can even recreate my shopping list on the app.

I suspect that grocery bills have gone down for many who have started ordering online. The online stores are relatively new and haven't figured out how to place their items to entice shoppers to purchase additional items like the brick and mortar stores.

My local big box grocery store (BC owned) has recently started to offer online shopping with pickup or delivery. Before Christmas, I returned from a trip to an empty fridge, so I gave it a try, and included lots of on sale big items such as TP (and my Christmas turkey). First delivery was free and there was even a free gift. The staff were very professional. They picked the freshest fruit and vegetables. It was a great experience and I will do it again when I have a big order. I can even recreate my shopping list on the app.

How long did it take from your order to delivery?

How long did it take from your order to delivery?

I placed the order at about 8 pm. I had a choice of two hour time frames the following day. I could have chosen any time from 8 am, but I chose early afternoon. At that time (1 pm) I had a phone call from the delivery staff, confirming that they were 5 minutes away and that I was home.

So the short answer is: about 17 hours.

For me the best thing is cat litter. We get the big sizes, either 26 lb or 40 lb boxes. It's a bit of a chore to bring those home from the store, but Amazon delivers them right to the front door, no extra charge. And the price is comparable to the local supermarket or better.

Amazon sent wrong cables (USB-C both ends) instead of lightning to USB. Not returnable since purchased in October. However, they refunded the money!

My niece has five small children. She hasn’t had to do any in-store grocery shopping in over a year. She pays a monthly fee and the store delivers. I am one of ten kids. My mom would have loved this.

Is there a way to stop amazon from sending me spammy m emails about every item I look at on the site? Sometimes it’s for something I have already bought!

Last thing ordered: anti-slip spikes to pull on over my boots. :nonono:

My daughter has two small children. She has now switched to ordering all of her groceries on line from a local grocery chain. She drives to the grocery store and picks them up.

She says that she spends less. No impulse buying. The big plus is that she does not have to get her infants in and out of the car seat during the winter months,nor shop with them. She simply drives, hands the clerk her order number and it gets loaded into the vehicle for her.

Was checking up on a delivery today from an Amazon driver and noticed that as I checked, a status showed up indicating how many deliveries were ahead of me and even gave a map of the driver's location. Helpful information as better than just showing that the delivery is expected before 8 pm.

Oh, J-B Weld epoxy is the last thing I ordered.

I ordered scratch wnd sniff stickers for DGS1 whose 4th birthday is in two weeks. I left his birthday presents with his parents when I was in Germany over Xmas, but I found out about the stickers while there, so in the card they go. My life is so exiting .��

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom