What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Bicycle pedal wrench, pedals and some grease. The right pedal of my bicycle is cracking louder than the joints of my body. Time for a replacement.

Attachments

• pedal wrench.jpg
    pedal wrench.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 230
That pedal cracking sound might be a failing bottom bracket. In which case you will need yet another tool[emoji12]

That pedal cracking sound might be a failing bottom bracket. In which case you will need yet another tool[emoji12]

Hope not. I put the bike on my bike stand and turned the pedal around. Did feel the cracking going on. So, hope my diagnosis is accurate. I shall see in a few days.

Smart plugs and 1 ft extension cords.

Going to rig up my computer so I can remotely turn on/off when away from home. Even if the computer hangs or the Wake On Lan (WOL) settings fail me.

Attachments

• smart plugs.jpg
    smart plugs.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 187
  • extensions.jpg
    extensions.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 182
Athletic socks and some miscellaneous R/C related wiring connectors and cables.

A 4K UHD monitor for my primary PC to replace two 1080P monitors. What a difference that makes for photo and video editing and saves some space on my desktop also.

I bought a real "toy" for once, this drone with a camera. It was deal of the day for $69.95.

Smart plugs and 1 ft extension cords.

Going to rig up my computer so I can remotely turn on/off when away from home. Even if the computer hangs or the Wake On Lan (WOL) settings fail me.

This is the ultimate DIY redundancy and automation I've needed for decades. That dang WOL has never worked well for me.

I've actually done incredibly well not ordering from AMZN this year. Last year spent more than $7,000 ordering. This year I have only ordered a couple items for my mom and dad.

Last one being solar light replacement bats. Last thing I ordered was a furnace flame detector so I have a backup.

Things like that are way cheaper than a retail store.

Otherwise Costco, Wal-Mart and Target have helped us curb impulse buys by avoiding the one-click shopping addiction.

Delivered in the last two days:
Two-pack Tough Strip Band-Aids (extra large)
Neutrogena Facial Sunscreen SPF 70
Coppertone Facial Sunscreen SPF 50 (pack of two)
Covidien Telfa non-adherent dressing
Three-pack St. Ives apricot scrub

Arrived this AM: 1.5 day delivery

1. Colgate Optic White Toothpaste
2. Band-Aid Tough Strips
3. Band-Aid Adhesive Pads (large)
4. Band-Aid Adhesive Bandages (flexible fabric)
5. Band-Aid Tough Strips (2-pack, extra-large)

Delivered in the last two days:
Two-pack Tough Strip Band-Aids (extra large)
Neutrogena Facial Sunscreen SPF 70
Coppertone Facial Sunscreen SPF 50 (pack of two)
Covidien Telfa non-adherent dressing
Three-pack St. Ives apricot scrub

Are you planning some sort of cataclysmic event?

Are you planning some sort of cataclysmic event?

Here's the top ten cataclysmic events planned for earth's future. I'm guessing Mr. Duck is stocking up in advance to weather the storm. ;)

https://listverse.com/2012/12/09/top-10-cataclysmic-events-in-earths-future/

Sure, go ahead and laugh all you want. But when this happens in 1.5 billion years from now you're going to have to buy your Band-Aids and sunscreen from me (at a mark-up you won't believe).

RikkFlohrBadlands-Brilliant-Sunset-CROP.jpg

As the Sun becomes progressively hotter as it slowly grows in size, the Earth will eventually lie outside of its habitable zone – too close to the sizzling sun. By this time, all but the most resilient of life on Earth would have perished. The oceans will have completely dried up, leaving only deserts of burning soil remaining. As time goes by and the temperature rises, Earth may go the way of Venus, and turn into toxic wasteland as it is heated to the boiling point of many poisonous metals. What remains of humanity will have had to vacate by this point to survive. Luckily, by this point Mars will lie inside the habitable zone, and may provide a temporary haven for any remaining humans.

I bought some no-tie shoelaces for a total of $7.03 after promotional discounts.

I admit that the only reason I bought them, is that I am DYING of curiousity to see if they work, and how, and if they really keep my shoes on, and if (as claimed) they really turn any shoes into slip-ons.

They do! So glad you posted this even though they ended up not working for your shoes. Posting this as follow up for others.

I bought these, not that brand probably matters, and they are great. I use them in Nike running shoes which have grommets.

"lock laces elastic no tie shoelaces"

I took some time when lacing to take them on and off and walk around in them before trimming, and have not had a problem walking or running. No more laces that untie sometimes even after 3 knots. No more laces dragging through dirt and water or getting tangled with other shoes when the shoe is off.

They do! So glad you posted this even though they ended up not working for your shoes. Posting this as follow up for others.

I bought these, not that brand probably matters, and they are great. I use them in Nike running shoes which have grommets.

"lock laces elastic no tie shoelaces"

I took some time when lacing to take them on and off and walk around in them before trimming, and have not had a problem walking or running. No more laces that untie sometimes even after 3 knots. No more laces dragging through dirt and water or getting tangled with other shoes when the shoe is off.
So glad these worked for you! Frank found another type that works in my New Balance shoes, so I have been using those for a few months. I love having no worries about tripping on untied shoelaces, and they are nice and snug which I like too; no worries about the shoes falling off. However, it takes me longer to put on my shoes than before. I need to try loosening them a little bit to see if that helps. If that doesn't work, I may eventually remove them and return to just double tying my shoelaces, the old fashioned way. My arthritis isn't that bad yet so it's not as painful for me to do that as it might be for many of us.

Back
Top Bottom