What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

2 boxes of sanding strips for my drum sander and a kindle download of a paleo diet book

Sent from my iPhone :).using Early Retirement .//82339)

I finally broke down and orderd from amazon an inductive cooktop someone mentioned in one of the threads. Got here yesterday. Price was cheap enough at $59.- with free shipping. It is for my mancave. Will test it in a few days when I get there.

I'll be curious to see if it works off of an inverter with mostly square wave (Modified Sinewave) output. and compare it to see if works faster with a small cast iron skillet to make eggs and bacon as compared to the same on a propane stove.

The price was cheap enough for an experiment. Since my solar system is stranded cost, the electric juice is now free, propane I still have to buy.

Well the thing does not work on modified sine wave inverter. :( It does work off the generator power. ;) The device uses near zero voltage swiching, thus needs a fairly decent sine wave to figure out the zero crossing.

I already have six pairs of ultra-cheap reading glasses, but thought I'd order this pair because of the high ratings and to see if I like them better. Mostly I am hoping for a slightly better lens quality. The reviews are great.

I have been trying to cut down on my Amazon purchases lately, for LBYM reasons. I really didn't need these so this is not very LBYM.

Last edited:
Just ordered a paper shredder. Time to get rid of my past :)

I ordered a camera case.

FWIW, I have noticed that my local Target store is now consistently cheaper by 5 to 10% compared to Amazon Prime. And this is before the 5% discount one can get with Target's Red card. So.... If I don't have to make an extra trip to Target to buy something, that's where I tend to shop these days.

That said, the local target store is just far enough away that for anything under about $40, it's not worth the trip for just one item.

Needed new rear window wiper blades for my Kia and Santa Fe. Shopped Amazon, Ebay, and local Autozone (on web). Ended up ordering one from Amazon and one from Ebay. Ebay took one day longer to get here.

Glad to hear! That "get rid of my past" sounded ominous, and the sort of thing I threaten DH with when he leaves cups anywhere but in the kitchen. :D

Will take a while now to get the image of a wood chipper out of my mind :LOL:.

I already have six pairs of ultra-cheap reading glasses, but thought I'd order this pair because of the high ratings and to see if I like them better. Mostly I am hoping for a slightly better lens quality. The reviews are great.

I have been trying to cut down on my Amazon purchases lately, for LBYM reasons. I really didn't need these so this is not very LBYM.

I get mine at goodwill, typically $2.- to 2.50. Have a dozen or so, a few at the mancave, two in each vehicle, a few around the shop and at my 'puter.:LOL:

I get mine at goodwill, typically $2.- to 2.50. Have a dozen or so, a few at the mancave, two in each vehicle, a few around the shop and at my 'puter.:LOL:

Yeah, they are available for almost nothing, for sure! I'm surprised they cost you that much at Goodwill but then prices are going up everywhere. My other pairs cost $3.32/pair brand new on Amazon, not on sale. :)

I probably wasn't clear that I am not looking for ultra-cheap so much as for a little higher quality this time because I have been having some distressing visual issues with the cheap readers. Did you notice the reviews/ratings? 4.8 with over 1,000 reviews has peaked my interest. I want to see if they help. I doubt they will, but I have to find out.

Last edited:
I get prescription reading glasses made precisely for my eyes because I like to read and solder printed circuit boards and other close work.

They cost a hundred bucks and they're worth it.

Just received a new Ingersoll Rand 1/2" drive air impact wrench. Last time I tried to use my old one it wouldn't even loosen the lug nuts on the wheel. This one should do the trick.

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1463241438.947425.jpg

Just received a new Ingersoll Rand 1/2" drive air impact wrench. Last time I tried to use my old one it wouldn't even loosen the lug nuts on the wheel. This one should do the trick.

Nice. I carry along a used cordless Milwaukee impact wrench in my trunk just in case my car has a flat and needs stubborn lug nuts removed. Some cordless impact wrenches don't have enough torque, but oh, the Milwaukee does :D.

Last edited:
Nice. I carry along a used cordless Milwaukee impact wrench in my trunk just in case my car has a flat and needs stubborn lug nuts removed. Some cordless impact wrenches don't have enough torque, but oh, the Milwaukee does :D.
I'm a big fan of the cross-style lug wrenches to replace the totally inadequate L-style wrench most cars come with. They even make folding ones that fit in a small space. That, and a length of "cheater" pipe to give a bit more leverage, seem to do the trick (along with some grunting and swearing).

I was so intrigued by "musubi" as mentioned in the recent Spam thread, I just had to try this. Never heard of musubi before, but it sounds great.

Spam Musubi Sushi Rice Press

Attachments

• 51ByJQvI6UL._SX355_.jpg
    51ByJQvI6UL._SX355_.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 235
So, if I order something from Amazon Prime and the delivery hasn't arrived with the stated time (15 minutes from now), can I invoke the "Domino's Pizza Rule"? If not delivered on time, I get it free :LOL:.

Vermont American 20371 1/8-27 NPT High Carbon Steel Pipe Tap

71pcXfrljaL._SL1500_.jpg

1-1/2" Dry Utility Pressure Gauge - Blk.Steel 1/8" NPT Lower Mount 60 PSI

810soRmHnmL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Acronis True Image 2016. Creates backup image for 3 computers. Got it for $20 but I have to send for the rebate. Normally cost over $70.

Back
Top Bottom