What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

^ An example illustrating that the line between bravery and [-]stupidity[/-] a total lack of good judgement is very thin.

Last edited:
I ordered two gag gifts for DW's nephew and his wife (who we will see on Thanksgiving) but I plan to try them out on DW first. One is the tired old "useless box" that is nothing but a small box with a switch on top. When someone flips the switch, the box lid opens, a hand pops out and flips the switch back, and pops back into the box. My father had one of those back in the 1960's so it is not a new gag. This will be a minor curiosity to DW.

The other is more serious. This one is also a plain box with a sliding lid on top. When you slide the lid open, about halfway open a big black spider pops out. Now, she is not arachnophobic (afraid of spiders) but she is firmly convinced that the only good bug is a dead bug and she does harbor a stronger dislike of spiders than most other insects.

I will leave these two toys on the dining room table and then disappear into the downstairs shop. It is possible she will hunt me down and strangle me.:)

I enjoyed your posts over the years.

R.I.P.

Ordered an edge guide for my router yesterday morning. Delivered last night.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 5.36.35 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 5.36.35 AM.jpg
    523.4 KB · Views: 2
Ordered a window perch for our senior cat. Sometimes she's not as sure-footed as she used to be and I don't want her falling off the window sill when she tries to turn around.

Lots of perches are secured to the window with suction cups, which seems a little sketchy to me. I suppose they work fine since there are so many out there, but I opted for one with brackets that slip in behind the sill.

Attachments

• perch.jpg
    perch.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 2
Ordered a window perch for our senior cat. Sometimes she's not as sure-footed as she used to be and I don't want her falling off the window sill when she tries to turn around.

Lots of perches are secured to the window with suction cups, which seems a little sketchy to me. I suppose they work fine since there are so many out there, but I opted for one with brackets that slip in behind the sill.

That’s a great idea. Our old house had wide window ledges our older cat could stretch out in. Our new house doesn’t so we have a couple windows that we put small cabinets under so she can enjoy her sun shine.

Honeycomb style 8 inch cast iron pan. Supposed to be best of both worlds. Non stick yet washable cast iron.

Won't arrive until about a week as I stacked on the savings. Was marked down about 64% pre-Black Friday sale plus 6% cash back with the no rush shipping.

Now if the pan does a good job searing a pork chop, then a big win.

Attachments

• nonstick cast iron.jpg
    nonstick cast iron.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 19
Have a bunch of Christmas gifts for DGKs in my cart, ready to order, just want to review with their parents first (due to building/help, noise, space requirements!)
Lego technic RC truck, RC boat, RC dinosaur, dinosaur camera, Dino bopper, play camp tent and supplies, puzzles. 8 year old is getting a new bike and 4 yr old a new trike, but DS and DD need to pick out the one they want Grandma to buy! 4 yr old is really into Dinosaurs now.
DH has added a knife sharpener in the cart for his birthday.

Comfy fleece "lap blanket" to use when I'm sitting in my recliner.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09318PL1C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had been using a full sized king comforter, but Frank mentioned that he is concerned about tripping over it since it takes up so much room when it slops over onto the floor. This one is just 40"x50", so it will be easier to keep out of the way. Just $9.99, $7.93 after paying a tiny part of the price with Amazon Visa rewards.

Attachments

• blanket.jpg
    blanket.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 0
I'm in the process of building a large loop, wire radio antenna. I just received Stainless steel DIY Hose clamp kit, wire rope crimping sleeves, Stainless steel double bolt wire clamps, Carabiners and rubber caps for the top of the support poles. I have some pulleys coming, but will be a week later. Elsewhere, I purchased 28ft fiberglass telescoping poles.
Since Hurricane Michael, I don't have any trees to hang wires from. :(

My 29 year-old grandson received his Star Wars Lego adventure calendar today from Amazon. Some no-assemble figurines and some that have to be assembled. I texted him that this is a present he must open way before Christmas!

Just ordered a new (cheap) watch. List price was about $80, discounted price (early cyber Monday I guess) was <$40 with free shipping. Total cost to me is zero, since I have plenty of cash credits with my Cap One CC.

Honeycomb style 8 inch cast iron pan. Supposed to be best of both worlds. Non stick yet washable cast iron.

Won't arrive until about a week as I stacked on the savings. Was marked down about 64% pre-Black Friday sale plus 6% cash back with the no rush shipping.

Now if the pan does a good job searing a pork chop, then a big win.

I bought this pan because of your post and I love it!

I bought this pan because of your post and I love it!

My pan doesn't arrive until a few days. Can't wait to fry an egg and sear a pork chop with it to see how well the pan performs.

Last edited:
Pan is still off 64% for "Cyber Monday". I'm thinking of giving one a try.

I ordered some chocolate for $20 and, when it became obvious that it was lost, tried to cancel the order. Amazon refused. I waited a couple more weeks and they changed the status to something like "Probably delivered" (no joke). I put in a second request for a cancellation, and they cancelled it. The current status says the reason for the cancellation was that I "refused delivery". How can you refuse a delivery that never happened? Amazon gets weirder and weirder.

I ordered a set of mirrors for my ebike. When they came in i tried to mount them but they would not tightenup enough on the handlebars. They were "returnable" thru feb. so I initiated a return thru Amazon. When I got to the end it showed that I would have to pay shipping to return them. I've never had to pay to return anything thru Amazon but this sucks. I just backed out of the return and will be calling or chatting with them about this. Grrr !!

I've been following the flashlight sub on reddit. Wow, there are some people that are really into and knowledgeable about flashlights - who knew! It is a bit on the contagious side though I like the ones with the simple user interface very aren't that expensive.

I was really disappointed in the Black Friday "sales" on Amazon so I ordered from AliExpress. The shipping takes a few weeks, but the prices were much, much better. I ordered five Wurrkos FC11s (for gifts) - so far my favorite flashlight, another Acebeam Pokelit (a very cute little pocket light), a Convey S2 SST40, a Wurrkos TS10 and a Wurrkos TS-22. I'm most excited to get the TS-22 as it is more of a floody light as opposed to a thrower. With the sale prices and add on discounts I think each light was under $20. They are all rechargeable flashlights.

Last edited:
A brushroll (that's what it's called) for a Hoover upright vacuum cleaner, a belt for same, and a squeezebulb type gasoline transfer pump for getting all the gasoline out of the lawn mower fuel tank. My old pump died so I need a new one.

Comfy fleece "lap blanket" to use when I'm sitting in my recliner.

I had been using a full sized king comforter, but Frank mentioned that he is concerned about tripping over it since it takes up so much room when it slops over onto the floor. This one is just 40"x50", so it will be easier to keep out of the way. Just $9.99, $7.93 after paying a tiny part of the price with Amazon Visa rewards.
That's a nice fleece blanket. It will be perfect for the cabin. I might order one.

FYI- The website description says it's 50"x60".

Reactions: W2R
Back
Top Bottom