What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't let this one go.
When driving my motorhome or pulling a big trailer I usually am going 10 mph or more BELOW the posted speed limit. So I will stay in the right lane to not hold up faster traffic. However when I am at an on ramp and there is someone attempting to merge I WILL NOT move over into the left lane if there are vehicles coming up who are going much faster than me. Here is what happens: Once I'm in the left lane the faster cars will usually go around the right side of me which puts the merger in a dangerous situation since he's not going the speed limit right away. Then I get stuck in the left lane going slower than the traffic and have a hard time getting back over. And have a bunch of PO'ed drivers going around my right side. So basically if I don't pull over for you to merge get over it, especially since it's not my job to let you in! It's your job to safely enter the traffic flow.
IOW don't expect that someone will get out of your way to let you merge.

Well said! I have the same issue when pulling my trailer. I am amazed at the number of cars entering a highway that don't seem to grasp this simple concept.

Even when just driving the car, I tend to stay in the right lane, and it STILL is not my job to make room for you!

^ When I pulled my 5th wheel I drove at, or slightly above, the posted limit. Initially I drove in the slow lane going through urban areas on interstates; however, I found that, if I pulled into the centre to allow merging cars access, more often than not they'd sit there and not permit me to pull back to the right.

So....after a while I followed the example of many truckers.....ride the middle lane and stay there.

We have an outdated 2 lane highway going into the metro area..MSP....the only option when driving east. Instead of actually making it 4 lanes they put in these lovely passing lanes every few miles.

Every single time we are on that highway, and we drive 80 miles to the cities.. this happens,a car in front of us is going maybe 56..60 is the speed limit. When we hit the passing lane the car immediately starts driving say 65 MPH or faster.....so to pass we really have to break the speed limit big time... Then, the minute the road becomes a 2 lane the sucker in front slows down to 56 again WTH...

DW called the bank to ask why she's not been receiving statements for the checking account. They immediately blamed our mailman! Why don't you call the post office? DW requested the missing ones apparently several months worth. The rep really didn't know how to get the back statements printed and sent out.

I'm predicting a new non national bank in our future. I'm not sure why big companies are failing at producing statements so much anymore. We finally left ATT over missing statements.

I don't blame you. If companies don't want to send paper statements (but probably are still legally required to offer that option as not everyone has access to a computer or even wants to pay online), they should tell their customers not to expect timely bills.

All the information is online. When tax time is coming up, I download relevant PDFs and upload them to my accountant's secure portal. (I have an accountant because I have a corporation).

Who needs paper statements? People who cannot afford computers or who are not confident in their computer skills. They should pay for the cost of generating and mailing paper.

I still choose to get paper statements for most bills. I have pretty good computer skills and have several computers, but I don't have a corporation or an accountant to email files to.

Last edited:
Corporate Action Notices
My investco will not send these out electronically and they arrive within a day of needing action. We get so little snail mail that I seldom get to exercise my options ( mostly a selection of one of two options). I have complained that I have gladly switched to all-electronic and THEY have not.

Women's bra straps hanging out.

For the past few years, I became aware of the skimpy tops they wear, sporting often contrasting color bra straps hanging out.

Guess I am just old fashioned, thinking underwear means..... not visible.

Or are they just trolling for attention? Then get cranky when they get it?

Late DW would never leave the house in that fashion.

For the past few years, I became aware of the skimpy tops they wear, sporting often contrasting color bra straps hanging out.

Yea.... or the thing DD does... a bralette.... where more than the straps show... I keep saying, who are you trying to show off too? DW is on her side as it is the 'fashion'....

BTW, I also hate the partial tucked on the shirt...

Half-Tuck4.jpg

Went to Safeway today - I'd swear that they really don't want customers to be able to move through their store. The aisles are either filled with free standing displays that take up half the aisle (I counted 5 of them in 1 aisle today) or they are filled with the personal shoppers and their oversized carts, filling orders for home delivery. Then they build the monuments of alcohol in the middle of any otherwise open space in the store. The produce and milk departments had beer mountains, meat dept had a Jack Daniels & bbq display the size of a Mini Cooper, the bakery had wines for your picnic. I understand that empty floor space costs $, but at least leave room for shopping carts to be able to get through.

Ok, done ranting.

Who needs paper statements? People who cannot afford computers or who are not confident in their computer skills. They should pay for the cost of generating and mailing paper.

People who's ISP decides that when service goes down and one has no internet service for a week or more, and the ISP thinks that length of time to restore service is acceptable.

Well, no it is not acceptable. When computers, software, and ISP's are all 100% reliable, or at least as reliable as paper, then I'll think about going fully paperless. Until then, I want paper statements. We somehow survived decades of dealing with them so I really don't see what the fuss is about for those who still want them.

And if a bank want to charge me for paper statements, I'll take my money elsewhere.

This is my solution.

https://strapdoctor.com

Often there are bra straps and camisole straps showing, lots of lacey little straps, with a see-thru shirt. Or sport bras, serving as a stand-alone top. They're not just underwear anymore. I guess the burn your bra movement ain't coming back--now it's, If you got it, flaunt it. Like boys with their boxers showing above their jeans. Fashion :facepalm:

Often there are bra straps and camisole straps showing, lots of lacey little straps, with a see-thru shirt. Or sport bras, serving as a stand-alone top. They're not just underwear anymore. I guess the burn your bra movement ain't coming back--now it's, If you got it, flaunt it. Like boys with their boxers showing above their jeans. Fashion :facepalm:

Yeah, I kind of hope the "burn your bra" movement stays clam, especially in this over 55 neighborhood we moved into.;)

People who's ISP decides that when service goes down and one has no internet service for a week or more, and the ISP thinks that length of time to restore service is acceptable.

Well, no it is not acceptable. When computers, software, and ISP's are all 100% reliable, or at least as reliable as paper, then I'll think about going fully paperless. Until then, I want paper statements. We somehow survived decades of dealing with them so I really don't see what the fuss is about for those who still want them.

And if a bank want to charge me for paper statements, I'll take my money elsewhere.

Yes a recent power outage corrupted the boot sector and I had no machine to use for a week!

I guess 29 years of restoring systems that couldn't ever fail taught me a little. I still remember a very large client who even had redundant systems with software mirroring between them.

They kicked off a large file reorganization on Friday night and Monday morning it was still running, the system was unusable. This system was their outside view of the universe and only supported 5,000 of their processors.

No fear, switch to the backup that's sitting there reorganizing the same file! Whoops! Who would think that 10 million in hardware could be so slow! That customer claimed that was 5 million in lost revenue.

I find it sad that so many people rely on technology and have NO idea how they might recover. Oh I've read all these back up plans folks have(3 copies, 2 off site..).... Coming from a world of 24x7x365 availability with redundant systems many people fool themselves.

IF you think you have a back up plan and don't regularly use it, you don't have a plan! As in you restored your data from back up and rotate it as your real data. After doing that for a few years you might have a solution(only for the restorations you have done).

After watching major corporations try to fail back to paper, and failing! It's really sad! The biggest stupid, preventable, mistake: "Our people don't know how to work from the paper we have!" Really you don't know how to go back to paper?

Last edited:
Speaking of fashion, the current women's fashion of a top with "cut outs" at the shoulder. I find it odd and unappealing.

Speaking of fashion, the current women's fashion of a top with "cut outs" at the shoulder. I find it odd and unappealing.

I find it odd too. I predict it will be a very short lived fad. But I couldn't call it one of my peeves.

As with many things, assessment is dependent upon the woman and the shoulder in question.

People who's ISP decides that when service goes down and one has no internet service for a week or more, and the ISP thinks that length of time to restore service is acceptable .

Agree! Just happened to me with a 2day outage of the cable service (which took down TV, internet and phone service). I called Spectrum (TimeWarner Cable) and complained. They DID refund 2days worth of charges (amounted to just a few bucks but at least they did something

I became aware of those around puberty... :cool:

Bras used to be ugly utilitarian monstrosities. Now they are pretty, and pretty comfortable. And while I'm not the type to flaunt it by any means, I definitely am not concerned if a bra strap is peeking out.

And we don't get cranky when we get attention. We get cranky when we get harassed. My bra strap is not an invitation for men to abuse me or anybody to judge me, yet somehow that's how it's treated.

If a centimeter thick piece of fabric is bothering you, maybe just look away? And think about what's so offensive about it?

As with many things, assessment is dependent upon the woman and the shoulder in question.
yes I tolerate the few blouses that DW wears for a change. They look OK but I prefer the sleeve bare or covered. Peak-a-boo seems to indicate they could not decide!

Bra straps showing? Seems redundant to me. Either get a topless bra or a top that covers the shoulders. If you can't wear a topless bra, then nature is deciding for you!

Last edited:
When shopping online for a white summer top, I noticed in the sort function of the woman's department they called them "cold-shoulder" style!

My DW was just complaining bitterly about this "fashion" too. So here's her "+1" by proxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom