What to do with a mink coat

pjm-7

Recycles dryer sheets
Any ideas on what to do with a mink coat. The coat belonged to my late mother. It has been passed around a couple of family members and now I have it. I've tried selling it on line (there is way too many of the things out there). I offered to a small business that restyles and makes toys out of them. He did not want it. There used to be a charity that took them for animal beds. Any other ideas? It's part of that decluttering thing. If I knew a hound dog I would offer it as a warm bed.

My wife took my one of my step-mother's mink coats and turned it into pillows; worked great. If nothing else, a good reminder.

Marc

I have one that belonged to my Aunt. I am going to donate it to the local college Drama program. They can use anything that can be a costume for their plays. Also, old costume jewelry will go there too.

I have one that belonged to my Aunt. I am going to donate it to the local college Drama program. They can use anything that can be a costume for their plays. Also, old costume jewelry will go there too.

+1 I donated one to a local theater group.

I inherited a 50's style sheared beaver coat from a great aunt. It is a HUGE swing style; I am at least half a foot taller and bigger than the great aunt and I still swim in it! I haven't really known what to do with it, but I keep it just to pet it on occasion. It is truly beautiful. Perhaps the swing style will return some day. Meanwhile, I've also worn it out once or twice (it is super warm but very bulky.

Give it a proper burial. Those poor creatures suffered enormously during the whole of their short, brutal lives.

I inherited a whole closet full of mink, beaver, and fox. Like you, I could not find a place to give them away. I could not bear to think of them as animal bedding. I ended up posting them on craigslist. A woman who does fur crafting took them all and was going to keep the nicer ones to wear. She paid me $5 each to boot.

I gave mine to a friend's daughter who will remake into shrugs or some thin'. I am glad to be done with them.

I went to an estate sale several years ago in our small town, and they had abotu 10 fur coats hanging on a door, for sale....

They were probably the height of fashion at one time....this sale was at the home of an 80 year old woman, and a lot of her clothes would have been considered "nice"....

her furniture was all real wood, too....no pressed stuff from IKEA.....

The coats were still untouched the last day of the sale...

I guess most people don't wear that kind of stuff any longer.....I sure wouldn't. I like fur ON the animal!

I would donate it to Goodwill (or wherever) and take your deduction.

Back
Top Bottom