What was your happiest moment today?

My water got turned on today & I took my first hot shower in a week, glorious!!

My happiest moment today was when I checked the weather forecast for next week.

I am scheduled to receive my second Covid vaccination on 2/17, at a clinic a 30 minute drive from my home. Until this morning, the forecast for that day and the days surrounding it indicated a wintry mix and freezing rain. I was not looking forward to trying to navigate those road conditions, but there was also no way I was going to miss the appointment.

The revised forecast is below. No snow, no ice, and 51 degrees. *PHEW* :dance:

Congratulations, Calico! I hope you'll be getting your second one soon.

Had a dream that I was still in school and had a ton of w*rk to do, BUT I woke up and remembered that I am RETIRED!!

I just got my Federal Refund. Included was a $1500 stimulus payment. I considered it found money and donated to our local food bank.

Our CPA called and we get a smallish refun, a few grand from feds and one from the state. Wooo hoo. I wasn't really looking for a refund just not paying more. We blew by our ACA subsidy limit, badly, I guesstimated a little on the high side.
We discussed putting off filing for a while to see what happens on the current stimulus.

Yesterday had lunch with youngest sibling, last week had lunch with two siblings and spouses, outside in beautiful weather. So nice to see them in person, with hugs all around. We are all vaccinated now.

Transported a group of 5 week old kittens for a rescue, something about the orange one in the bunch, what a character, got my fuzzy kitten hugs in, oh so cute, and now someone else can foster them thru the phase where they tear up the curtains and learn how to properly use those little death razors on the end of their cute little paws.

Yesterday had lunch with youngest sibling, last week had lunch with two siblings and spouses, outside in beautiful weather. So nice to see them in person, with hugs all around. We are all vaccinated now.

Same for us; we visited our son, 2 DIL's and 2 granddaughters.. As pacergirl said, "hugs all around". Both DW and I are fully vaccinated.

Same for us; we visited our son, 2 DIL's and 2 granddaughters.. As pacergirl said, "hugs all around". Both DW and I are fully vaccinated.

Same for me, yesterday. I visited my aunt and uncle for the first time in 15 months. We hugged and hugged and didn't want to let go! :D

I'm upright, alive, breathing and well.

Same for me, yesterday. I visited my aunt and uncle for the first time in 15 months. We hugged and hugged and didn't want to let go! :D

Glad to hear good news from fully vaccinated folks getting back together with friends and family. (I'm assuming safely) It's encouraging.

Glad to hear good news from fully vaccinated folks getting back together with friends and family. (I'm assuming safely) It's encouraging.

Yup, safely. We are all several weeks post-second vaccination.

There are other local family members I would like to see, but they are all much younger, not vaccinated yet, and don't always adhere to best Covid safety practices, so it will be some months before I feel comfortable seeing them. At a minimum, they will need to be vaccinated first.

Finally closed on a rental sale today. Beautiful SF home, too much work to keep bushes trimmed and grass cut. Originally, we bought the place for DMIL, but after she passed, we turned it to a rental for 5 years. The other rentals are low maintenance, but i was there 3 days a week, for a couple of hours.

My happiest moment today was when I received a text from my sister informing me that the surgery on my 90-yo mom went well and the docs reported that they they they got all the cancer.:dance:

We got the garden post holes dug and the posts set into concrete, and we hoed out most of the thistles in the pasture - a good day!

Last edited:
My happiest moment today was when I received a text from my sister informing me that the surgery on my 90-yo mom went well and the docs reported that they they they got all the cancer.:dance:

:dance::dance::dance:

I had my biannual oncology recheck this afternoon. I am approaching 3 years cancer-free, so will have these rechecks for another two years.

Happiest moment: my favorite nurse practitioner finished the exam and announced: all clear! Good to go for another six months. :dance::dance:

Second happiest moment: picking up my favorite Italian takeout on the way home to celebrate.

I am thankful and grateful with every bite. :blush:

Sitting outside at a winery with my wife as the sun dropped below the trees.

Wow! I took my 89 year old dad to see our team play live in the NCAA men's basketball tournament! This was a "bucket-list event" for sure, and what a great time! It's late now, so I'll probably write more on this later. :)

Woke up to 6" of fresh fluffy snow. When I let the dog out, Shitzu size, she doesn't have the ground clearance to get around very well. When she squatted in the snow [emoji300] I started laughing at her predicament. I swear she gave me a dirty look.

:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom