what would you do with a few unlimited $$ purchases?

I'd want a nice home on a few acres...and horses. This is one I rode this past w.e. :smitten:

Hey, I did that once as a favor to a family member who helped me move. Wow, I would rather have been trampled by the horse. The entire time I was thinking, this must be one of those things that look really good and really exciting to those not involved in the activity but is actually not that much fun for the actual participants

I did it once in the Dominican Republic and it was definetely ( for Me ) one of those things that look better than they are . My horse started jumping and running .Not being an experienced rider I'm not sure whether the massive amounts of crap were from him or me .

1) A sweet pied-a-terre in Europe.
2) An Airbus A139 CJ with a lifetime supply of kerosene.
3) A Rolls Royce Phantom.

Oh, and world peace... You did say unlimited $$...

I did it once in the Dominican Republic and it was definetely ( for Me ) one of those things that look better than they are . My horse started jumping and running .Not being an experienced rider I'm not sure whether the massive amounts of crap were from him or me .

:2funny:
Yeah, I know what you mean! I had a horse as a teenager that used to take the bit and run back to the corral whenever she'd had enough riding thru the hills. She was literally a pain in the butt.
But I've had some fun lately riding horses, in Alaska, up and down a mountain, slogging through some mud puddles. And in Costa Rica up and down through a coffee plantation. Although my pretty horse kept trying to bite some of the others that she had feuds with.

Horses can be real jerks. Not sure why I still love the creatures so much.

You know, it's interesting.

DW and I pretty much have the lifestyle we want, and we're LBYM.

So, if tomorrow we won a lottery enough to fund a 4% SWR rate for our current spending, we'd take it and pretty much continue on as we are now.

There's nothing I'd really go for with unlimited $$ for purchases... oh sure, I'd like a fancy sports car (or at least I think I would), or six months at a plush resort on Hawaii, or {and so forth}, but I don't really want them.

We'd live in the same house, drive the same cars, etc.

What we really want is to have the capital to continue to live our present lifestyle, but without having to work.

I did a mental excersise - we save about as much as we spend, so if somehow we had the ability to spend twice as much as we do now but could not save it (use it or lose it!), I'm sure we could spend the extra money (even if I'm not sure at the moment how!) ... but I'm also sure that we wouldn't get value in proportion to the money spent.

Living here would be pretty cool I think.

Except no place for the pony.

2Cor521

Back
Top Bottom