What year will you retire?

exnavynuke

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I searched but couldn't find the answer, if I put 2024 does that assume I retire at the beginning of the year or the end?

I don't like to assume anything. If I were to assume something, I would assume you are writing about a retirement calculator. Is my assumption correct?

I don't like to assume anything. If I were to assume something, I would assume you are writing about a retirement calculator. Is my assumption correct?

Given that he posted in the Firecalc Support forum I would assume he is talking about Firecalc.

My bad, I do not look at what forum posts are in, only look at the recent thread's sidebar.

I plan on 2027 at the age of 62. I don't turn 62 until June 12, and my anniversary date for an additional year of pension is June 7th, and will most likely retire July 1st, or possibly go to Dec 31st, and then take my 5 weeks of vacation into February of 2028. (doing this would move me from a 70% SS early distribution to a 73% distribution), and be 6.5 more months of earning/saving.

The resolution is a year. Most calculators are. I always input against me, for the more conservative display.

Back
Top Bottom