Wheee.. a Wii

I've ordered a lot of big items from Amazon retailers and have always gotten my items quickly . The only vendor I ever had problems with was Target.com.. I don't think Amazon would have them listed if they were not available . I sell books on Amazon and you have to ship them in two days and if you don't have the item you have to refund quickly .

Thanks - - That is reassuring and leads me to believe that the vendors with good reviews wouldn't hold up my order and charge my account for it six months later (and deliver it two days after that). I guess I will try that option, then, unless someone else comes up with a reason why I shouldn't!

Can't wait to have a Wii!! Like another poster on this thread, I haven't purchased a gaming system since the original Playstation.

We're festooned with them here. A wii, an xbox 360, a playstation 2, a gamecube, a couple of dreamcasts, an old xbox...errr...I think thats it. I was going to chuck all the older generation stuff, but it turns out that 3 year olds are quite amused with dreamcast games.

After re-thinking for about 30 seconds, I decided to do it! The second cheapest one on Amazon.com said they would ship every order from this weekend on Monday by UPS, and give me a tracking number.

My Wii is ordered and will be on its way tomorrow!!! :D Thanks again, Moemg!!

I know, this is not LBYM but it is a "good for me" present for a recent week-long work trip to D.C. which was not my idea of fun. Besides, I ate crummy/cheap food while gone so my excess per diem will cover it.

Have you checked newegg.com $249 base console (Newegg.com - Nintendo Wii Systems, Nintendo Wii) ? And fatwallet would shave 1%. It would come with a game bundle. As for the wii fit add on ... its hard to find. I had to get one off ebay.

We bought it just for wii fit to work. That's working out great for us automating BMI tracking/goals and some gaming/exercise in between.

Well, this senior just ordered a Wii setup Saturday via Amazon - Fit (which was pretty pricey), console, and two sets of sports thing-a-ma-gigs. Husband has been hyperventaliting as he sets up his new luggable computer so I think I will take on the Wii setup myself. I will tell you all how this goes.

Getting at the plugs in the back of our humongous TV to connect the console will be a challenge. I am considering an extension cord so that I can connect and disconnect it easily. Those of you who have the console please let me know what kind of video cord it uses.

Have you checked newegg.com $249 base console (Newegg.com - Nintendo Wii Systems, Nintendo Wii) ? And fatwallet would shave 1%. It would come with a game bundle.

Too late for me!! I already ordered one from Amazon for about $100 more. Oh well!! Such is life. Besides, I liked Moemg's "insider information" about how Amazon requires vendors to actually send the item in 2 days.

As for the wii fit add on ... its hard to find. I had to get one off ebay.

We bought it just for wii fit to work. That's working out great for us automating BMI tracking/goals and some gaming/exercise in between.

I want it 90% for the Wii Fit, but until I can find that I will enjoy programs like Wii Play, Wii Sports, Zelda, and probably some Mario Bros and other software.

I have no idea of how I will get Wii Fit, though some people say that the demand for it should lessen in a month or two when other new programs come out. I'll check out Amazon for that too, but I want the console before ordering software.

This is going to be such fun! :D

Well, this senior just ordered a Wii setup Saturday via Amazon - Fit (which was pretty pricey), console, and two sets of sports thing-a-ma-gigs. Husband has been hyperventaliting as he sets up his new luggable computer so I think I will take on the Wii setup myself. I will tell you all how this goes.

Getting at the plugs in the back of our humongous TV to connect the console will be a challenge. I am considering an extension cord so that I can connect and disconnect it easily. Those of you who have the console please let me know what kind of video cord it uses.

I'll be interested to hear your report! I'll let people know how my experience goes, as well. Like you, I will be hooking up my Wii Fit myself. I will wait to get the cord, just in case it comes with one.

I am lucky in that my 42" Hitachi plasma TV can be rotated using the remote, so maybe that will make hooking it up easier. My problem will probably be in finding someplace to put the console (I still need to check the dimensions, but it looks huge in the photos).

Brat, you might want to check the details on the company you ordered from. Mine says,
LOW SHIPPING,WITH OVER 9000 FEEDBACKS,BRAND NEW,WII SPORT INCLUDED, SHIP FROM CA. EVERY WII SYSTEM ORDERED THIS WEEKEND, WILL SHIP ON MONDAY, JUNE 30TH- WITH NO EXCEPTION, AND THE UPS TRACKING NUMBER WILL BE EMAILED TO YOU. NO LIMITS,IN STOCK, SAME DAY SHIPPING,100 PERCENT BRAND NEW. (sorry no apo -fpo--alaska-hawaII-)NO LIMITS, YOU CAN BUY AS MANY AS YOU NEED THOUSANDS SOLD ON AMAZON.WE SHIP VIA UPS AND WE WILL INSURE IT FOR YOU, (INCLUDES BRAND NEW WII SYSTEM, 1 WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROLLER ,1 NUN CHUK CONTROLLER, CD WITH 5 GAMES; BASEBALL, BOXING, BOWLING,TENNIS, AND GOLF. ALL THE CONNECTIONS YOU NEED TO PLAY. PLEASE GIVE US YOUR MAILING ADDRESS, NOT POBOX. NO APO, FPO, HAWAII, Alaska, PLEASE

So far, so good. By four hours after placing my order, I received the third e-mail confirming the order. This one said:
Dear [W2R]
Your Nintendo Wii will be shipped on Monday via UPS. You will be able to track your item after 5 P/M Pacific Time. Your tracking number is [tracking number listed here].
Also, it is very important to us to hear your experience, so please leave us feedback.
Thank you
David
This is certainly a nice touch.

Last edited:
Yes the Wii comes with all the required cables needed to connect it to the TV. Quite frankly it took about 10 minutes to install and I am no electronics genius (I actually HATE installing new hardware). Install the infrared sensor on top of the TV and connect it to the Wii, connect the Wii to the TV using the video cable and plug in the Wii to a power outlet and follow the instructions on the screen, that's it!

Yes the Wii comes with all the required cables needed to connect it to the TV. Quite frankly it took about 10 minutes to install and I am no electronics genius (I actually HATE installing new hardware). Install the infrared sensor on top of the TV and connect it to the Wii, connect the Wii to the TV using the video cable and plug in the Wii to a power outlet and follow the instructions on the screen, that's it!

That's encouraging! Thanks. :D

My wii came with the basic composite/s-video connecting cables, but I had to go buy the high def cable set for it.

Havent really noticed a big difference in quality between the composite and the high def cable set, for what thats worth. Maybe I just havent tried a game yet that takes advantage of it.

My wii came with the basic composite/s-video connecting cables, but I had to go buy the high def cable set for it.

Havent really noticed a big difference in quality between the composite and the high def cable set, for what thats worth. Maybe I just havent tried a game yet that takes advantage of it.

High-def video quality is not a hallmark of Nintendo. It goes back to their philosophy that a game is a game rather than Sony or Microsoft's view that a game needs to be more of an immersive cinematic experience.

Walmart online often has the bundle . You can buy the bundle and then return items for a full refund to the stores. I guess it may add some shipping charge. I did this with the ps3.
The wii I got from sams club online. Also a bundle that costs a bundle. I didnt bother returning anything this time just passed it onto the family .

The Wii Fit and console arrived. I gave in a beginner's spin yesterday, 30 minutes for the first time today. My goal is thirty minutes a day, every day. Two activities are really bummers for me - soccer and the step exercise. Even as a kid I failed at dodge ball, guess I have long standing coordination issues. There is enough here to keep me amused and active for many months.

The console came with a sports disk, husband said he wants the other golf game. Sigh, can't win. Guess I'll stop at Target or Walmart this week. I did order the sporting equipment package (two of them) so that we can pack up the whole kit -n-kaboodle to share when the family gets together at Sunriver in August.

Fun. Let me know when the hula hoop contest is on.

The WII has really made me track my BMI towards weight loss - its a great honest tool for that.

Im tempted to get a weeee Wii

Except with this doomsday market. I need to watch my expenses or buy an annuity..

My BMI was nothing to be proud of. Want to be my exercise buddy? Interestingly I am still feeling a 'high' from the workout.

It took me a while to figure out the first series of 'games' but maybe that is because I left my 65th birthday LONG in the dust.

I'm no youngster either! But, I haven't ordered the Wii Fit software yet, because (being ridiculously skeptical) I wanted to see if I actually got the Wii from this company as promised before ordering anything else from them. Even though I don't live in Missouri yet, they've got to "Show Me". :2funny:

According to UPS, my Wii arrived in my hometown at 3 this morning and is out on a delivery truck being delivered as I type. So, I probably had no reason to be so skeptical.

Meanwhile, I bought the "Dance, Dance Revolution!" software from my local Best Buy, and that should at least get me moving until I get around to ordering Wii Fit.

My daughter got Wii Fit about a month ago, and she said it was a serious work-out for her. Good luck with it and let us all know the pros and cons! I can hardly wait to get it and get started. I have had an food journaling and exercise buddy online for the past four or five years named Mel (Melody). She is doing "Curves" right now, though she used to go to a really high powered spinning class. If Wii Fit works for me, maybe Mel will buy it too since she seems to have a lot more discretionary income than I do! I am just really hoping it will give me a good workout on stormy days since I hate driving to and from the gym in foul weather.

Last edited:
Im tempted to get a weeee Wii

Except with this doomsday market. I need to watch my expenses or buy an annuity..
I noticed that there is a Big Game Hunting program for the Wii. So if you are married to a gun enthusiast, you could make the Wii and the hunting program a gift for your spouse (and then buy yourself the Wii Fit software later).

Frank and I don't live together though, and I want the Wii for myself so I can't do that (though I might buy him the hunting program anyway, to use when he is over at my place). The way I justify buying the Wii for myself is that IF it works, I wouldn't have to pay gym fees any more. Of course, that is a daydream but there you go. :2funny:

Hunting games exist on XBOX as well: Halo and Call of Duty.

...The way I justify buying the Wii for myself is that IF it works, I wouldn't have to pay gym fees any more. Of course, that is a daydream but there you go. :2funny:

That is what my husband asked me. I told him that I haven't made that decision.

I noticed that there is a Big Game Hunting program for the Wii. So if you are married to a gun enthusiast, you could make the Wii and the hunting program a gift for your spouse (and then buy yourself the Wii Fit software later).

One of the first games I picked up for my Wii, was Resident Evil IV.

Yeah, it's a little gruesome - lot's of creatures, lot's of guns/weapons, lot's of blood. Given the mutant/monster theme, it's not something I find particularly offensive, but it's not the first game I'd pop in if I had kids. But for folks who like shooting things, it's a blast.

Unlike the crazy stuff kids play these days, it's simple enough for occasional players to figure out quickly, with ever increasing skill required to progress. Good strategy becomes imperative the farther you get with it - being good on the trigger, and having the right weapon isn't enough. Very, very addicting...makes good use of the unique Wii controllers as well.

Another option I'd highly recommend - a charge station. There are a few out there now, but I've got the Nyko - Amazon link here. While alkalines in the stock controllers last quite a while, converting to rechargeables is cheap and avoids the battery swap hassle.

Must be something in the water as I'm not a gamer either, but I've wanted a Wii ever since they first came out! And this weekend, I finally was able to snag the console (not a bundle) at the $249 price after getting an alert from the WiiAlert site: Wii Alerts - The only site you need to find a Wii or Any Product. And it's free!

It should be here, according to the UPS tracking number, by Thursday. I guess I better all my chores done before then because I will probably be bowling and playing whatever else comes with it. Next, I want the Wii Fit......

I got mine this afternoon, and it was amazingly easy to set up. Three steps and you're ready to go. It took five minutes to remove all the packing and twist ties, but only a minute or two to set it up. I bowled and played baseball in Wii Sports and had a ball.

After I rest for a while, I may try something else this evening. I bought Dance, Dance, Revolution (for fitness), Zelda (because I love RPG's), and Mario Galaxy (in case I want to feel like a kid). Eventually I will order Wii Fit, too.

Back
Top Bottom