Where do you find the time to post?

67walkon

Recycles dryer sheets
Just started the 3d week of not working. We're not calling it retirement since I am free to and have done a little bit of work the last 2 weeks.

Unfortunately, now that I'm not working, I don't seem to have the time to post here. I'm just too busy doing stuff! It's hard to understand how I had time to post before, much less how I had time to go to an office.

But more seriously, we are packing up the car and a small U-haul trailer on Thursday and heading for our summer home in the mountains. The longest I've ever been there was 2 weeks, so being there for months at a time will be different.

It really is nice not to have to go to work.

But more seriously, we are packing up the car and a small U-haul trailer on Thursday and heading for our summer home in the mountains. The longest I've ever been there was 2 weeks, so being there for months at a time will be different.

How wonderful. I'm jealous. Enjoy the trip and the permanent vacation!!!

Unfortunately, now that I'm not working, I don't seem to have the time to post here. I'm just too busy doing stuff! It's hard to understand how I had time to post before, much less how I had time to go to an office.

Since I'm still working, I haven't had to deal with this problem yet.

Enjoy the trip.

Where do you find the time to post?

I get asked all the time how I find the time to do this or that. Something that I learned from a well-liked/respected professor in college (mid '70s) and have lived by since, and passed on often (since before it got old...)

You don't find time... you make time. :wiseone:

Tyro

Interesting. Maybe posting here while working was a "break" from work, a way to recharge yourself and discuss something you were looking forward to. And now that you have achieved it... you are so busy doing things you love that you don't need to take a "break" from them. :)

I find I post mostly from work. That's when I seek something to cure the ennui. Outside of work there is usually plenty of interesting things to do or see. Once work ends I may have the same time constraints as you, OP. No time to post!

While working I never had time for anything. Most decisions were made with limited view of options or alternatives and not a lot of planning. Now that I'm retired, I can consider as many alternatives as I want, and for each, unlimited research. In fact, I spend so much time looking at options and searching for more information that, just like before, I don't have any free time.:LOL:

If you want a decision made quickly, ask someone who is very busy to make it.

Although they won't admit it, I suspect some of the prolific posters here suffer from the internet equivalent of nomophobia:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Although they won't admit it, I suspect some of the prolific posters here suffer from the internet equivalent of nomophobia:LOL::LOL::LOL:
I had to google "nomophobia". :blush:

My posting frequency has dropped off significantly over the past year. I was here almost daily in my first 5 years of FIRE. I think I got addicted to all the great info and BTDT type of threads. I learned a lot. :D

Coming up on 3 months into retired life, finding that i am doing daily fewer of the personal projects i had on my agenda and more items re: relationships with family members esp adult children and grandkids. Guessing those projects can wait until i am older and maybe less fun ::cross fingers, hope never happens::

Posting here is tough j*b. Some of us manage to get in a few minutes in between goofing off, having fun, wasting time and other important retirement activities. Gotta go, am in the middle of spiffying up my kayak. Some thing are imprtant you know.

Well this forum is one of my 6 or so home pages and I do check it on my ipad or even on my phone occasionally when I'm out or about....

I had to google "nomophobia". :blush:

My posting frequency has dropped off significantly over the past year. I was here almost daily in my first 5 years of FIRE. I think I got addicted to all the great info and BTDT type of threads. I learned a lot. :D

I win? I had to google both "nomophobia" and "BTDT". I did I get the period in the right place?

To answer the OP's question, most of my posts are written during the night. Sometimes, I post between two patients or from the free clinics during weekends, using my iphone or ipad. Sometimes I have posted from my trips to Central America or Europe. Even when on a plane, train, car, etc. And sometimes, I post from my bed when I can't sleep.

I generally post in the morning before the rest of the day starts. After mid-July when I quit my job I'll probably be here more often. If other things don't take too much time.

Just started the 3d week of not working. We're not calling it retirement since I am free to and have done a little bit of work the last 2 weeks.

I multitask. Right now, I am between my 2nd and 3rd sip of morning coffee, and I am watching "Love it or List it" on HGTV.

Have fun on your trip! But seriously, packing a car and u-haul both? And two homes to maintain? Sounds like more work than I am willing to put up with now that I am retired. We do have to pack our SUV's for hurricane evacuations some summers. Other than that, we prefer staying home and not traveling.

I confess, ever since I started playing Candy Crush and following many TV series, I have to make time to post here. But I do log in often to read the threads.

I confess, ever since I started playing Candy Crush and following many TV series, I have to make time to post here. But I do log in often to read the threads.

I'll cop to that. TV watching and game playing does get in the way of me wasting time here too. Luckily at work I have less of those distractions to get in the way of full time posting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom