• Eagles by over 14 pts

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I just watch the commercials or halftime event

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • other

Votes: 8 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kansas City Chiefs, I really like their quarterback I think he’s a standup guy.

I'm rooting for the team with the UGA QB to win-----ohh waait that was last year----carry on I'm going back to sleep now.

As a reminder, if you still wish to vote, the poll ends tonight.

All I want is a close game that goes to double overtime. Plus, some decent commercials :popcorn:.

All I want is a close game that goes to double overtime. Plus, some decent commercials :popcorn:.
I don't want it to be too close since I'm a Chiefs fan and would like them to have a comfortable lead. As far as the commercials, I will be time shifting using a DVR and skipping through commercials and most of halftime. :LOL:

Honestly, I couldn't even tell you who's playing. We never seem to watch football, and besides there are so many other entertaining things to do in retirement! We plan to stay home where it is warm and cozy, and not drive anywhere (to avoid having to dodge the drunken crazies on the road).

We don't care, life is fun as always. Hope you all have a great Super Bowl Sunday, and that your team wins!

Better not go to OT. I have a blood test at 8 am CST Monday, and DW tells me I need to fast 12 hrs. I had planned to eat and drink during the entire game, but I may need to cut consumption before the end of the game.

Better not go to OT. I have a blood test at 8 am CST Monday, and DW tells me I need to fast 12 hrs. I had planned to eat and drink during the entire game, but I may need to cut consumption before the end of the game.

I’ve never understood why they start the SB so late on a Sunday. I understand the west coast, but why not have it on a Saturday or at least start it a bit earlier. A 4pm EST start would still be past noon which is typical for the second game on Sunday anyway.

I’ve never understood why they start the SB so late on a Sunday. I understand the west coast, but why not have it on a Saturday or at least start it a bit earlier. A 4pm EST start would still be past noon which is typical for the second game on Sunday anyway.

Could it be that the big spenders in the stands and private boxes need time to arrive at the game, assemble and spend a lot of bucks on expensive food and drink?

I remember when I was a kid, for the first late Super Bowl, TV Guide had a picture showing a wolf man in a football uniform on the front. I did a quick search and was able to find it. It was 1978.

Got chips & dips for the game, burgers after. We always have a super bowl party.

Mostly that's the 2 of us. For tomorrows game, the 3 of us. DSIL is visiting.

TV and social media ratings and money. 12 hours of various pre-game hype to sell commercials. The "optimal" time to get the most viewers for an NFL game in the U.S. A full week of full blown "NFL experience" in the home city, much of which is now televised or on other media. Provide time for folks to throw elaborate parties.

It also reduces conflicts with other events, which makes the other events happy. College and other pro sports do not want to schedule anything at the same time as the Super Bowl, because they know no one will be watching or want to attend. A later Super Bowl start minimizes this.

Because they have to wait for the puppy bowl to play first.

IMG_3829.JPG

Sports book was packed last night... I didn't even try to get in. I was going to bet on Gronk's field goal "attempt" at half time (but not on the game). Even though the "kick" isn't going to take place at State Farm Stadium. :facepalm::cool: (I hope it's televised)

Last edited:
Love Andy. But have my green number 9 shirt on.
Oldmike

Good luck to all of you! I guess the game starts in a half hour or so.

I'm listening to youtube livestreams about the Chinese balloons we've been shooting down up north.

Dak Prescott won the Walter Payton award this year and when it was "awarded" during the pregame ceremonies, it sounded like the crowd was booing him?

Why? No matter, that is tacky...

Last edited:
Dak Prescott won the Walter Payton award this year and when it was "awarded" during the pregame ceremonies, it sounded like the crowd was booing him?

Why? No matter, that is tacky...

I noticed that too. Typical Philly people. Horrible. I would never boo a good person being rewarded for being a good person just because he plays for a division rival. Sad.

Back
Top Bottom