Who's cooking ?

It's either me....or my favorite restaurant!

I did the cooking for my family. I always had an image of pleasing my family with my cooking but I don't think I ever really reached that goal completely. My daughter became a vegan (no meat, eggs, dairy) and I slipped into letting her find her own food. My husband always had a comment about my meals, usually slightly negative so trying to please them was a goal that I don't really think I ever reached. I have sooo many cookbooks that I'm gradually weeding out. I think I collected cookbooks thinking that SOMEDAY I would find something that my husband would really really really like.:duh:

My husband made chile once or twice a year...and of course I always commented on how GOOD it was. :D (it was good)

I do the majority of the cooking, grocery shopping, and meal planning, but DH is really good at cooking eggs and grilling. I tend to get in phases where I'll cook a lot for a while, get burned out on it, and then not be in the mood to cook again for several weeks. Thankfully, we both are happy during those times eating simply - soup and sandwich, refried beans with multiple toppings, or frozen meals when needed.

I actually really love to cook but my love for it wanes when I have too many other things going on.

Back
Top Bottom