Why do post counts go down?

I'm sure an adm will (or should) chime in but it seems I've seen post counts go down when a thread is removed or suspended. I'm sure there are other reasons. It's a good thing post counts don't decrement when people disagree with what I post. Otherwise, I'd have a negative post count. :LOL:

Last edited:
Another ~2,500 posts and you will get your 7th star.

Post adjudication.

Your posts or a thread were deleted? I've only had one of my posts deleted so far!

I think, don’t really remember, my count being over 2600. So I must have had A LOT of posts deleted. Am I that much of a pain in the hinder?

I'm shooting to break 1,000 so be prepared for some meaningless chatter. Once I hit the goal I get a gold coin which allows me to reach Level 2 and attempt to slay the dragon.

Or we changed your post count just to mess with your head.

I'm shooting to break 1,000 so be prepared for some meaningless chatter. Once I hit the goal I get a gold coin which allows me to reach Level 2 and attempt to slay the dragon.
Meaningless chatter? Not ever!

Just curious.
Every post increases the post count by 1. If a post is subsequently deleted, the post count is reduced by 1. When that happens, the member is always notified at the time of deletion.

I think, don’t really remember, my count being over 2600. So I must have had A LOT of posts deleted. Am I that much of a pain in the hinder?
You may be thinking of another forum. Your post count has not yet reached 2600 on E-R Forum.

Every post increases the post count by 1. If a post is subsequently deleted, the post count is reduced by 1. When that happens, the member is always notified at the time of deletion.

You may be thinking of another forum. Your post count has not yet reached 2600 on E-R Forum.
Looks like I have some work to do then. I need to get to the next level. :LOL:

Well, no wonder. His posts keep getting deleted!! [emoji23]

Last edited:
I think that for every minute you spending thinking about your post count, your posts go down by about 150. :LOL:

Honestly I seldom or never even think about my post count. I guess it is a little high, but that is probably because of all the cool topics people come up with on this board. I mean REALLY. How can one not chime in about paying off mortgages, or cutting the cord, where the market is going, or blowing that dough? :D

This is the most fascinating message board I have ever participated in. Not only that, it's about the only website I know of where so many genuinely brilliant people participate and throw interesting ideas back and forth like they do here. And all for free.

Only those obvious quick full-on spam threads pretty much.

Exactly. We don’t always catch spammers immediately and sometimes members respond to their threads even if it is only call them out as spammers.

So that would be a second way that a post count gets reduced?

Statistically inconsequential, but just a technical "yes". I mean if you have a habit of posting in obvious spam thread and saying "this is spam" vs. reporting them and not posting in them, then yes, when Mods delete the spam thread your comment would be deleted.

But that isn't a common enough event for any one member to drop digits in any way that they'd notice.

Exactly. We don’t always catch spammers immediately and sometimes members respond to their threads even if it is only call them out as spammers.

So that would be a second way that a post count gets reduced?

Yes, once someone is identified as a spammer all their posts are deleted including any threads they started. Deletion of a thread includes deletion of all posts in that thread.

We are grateful to members who spot and report spammers to us. Using the report post icon will alert one of us much more quickly than posting in the suspected spammer's thread. :spam:

We have more posts about deleted threads than we have deleted threads.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom