Worst Gift Ever Received

When I was about seven years old, I happened to be visiting an aunt, on the day before my birthday. She suddenly realized that she had forgotten to buy me a birthday present. She quickly rewrapped an unwanted gift recently received and presented it to me. It was.....a bottle of Irish whiskey!!! :LOL: :nonono:

BTW, my aunt was quite abstemious and practically a teetotaller. :angel: But she was not known for her common sense!

My parents had the good sense to confiscate the "gift" and to buy me something more age appropriate instead. Books, I think.

When I was about seven years old, I happened to be visiting an aunt, on the day before my birthday. She suddenly realized that she had forgotten to buy me a birthday present. She quickly rewrapped an unwanted gift recently received and presented it to me. It was.....a bottle of Irish whiskey!!! :LOL: :nonono:

Meadbh , You are Irish so she probably just wanted to break you in early !:LOL:

It wasn't our gift, but many years ago some friends of ours got married. The maid of honor was living in Saudi Arabia at the time, and was ariving a few hours before the wedding. I volunteered to pick her up at the airport and get her to the ceremony. We had to go pick up her luggage, which included two nicely wrapped boxes about 1'x1'x4' tall. After the wedding when they were opening the gifts, the groom opened his. It was a beautiful men's hookah, with gold and enamel inlay, etc. Patty opened hers and got a matching woman's hookah, cheap white clay and a plastic hose. The various guests (especially family) were flabbergasted. I almost busted a gut. I tried for years to buy the set from them, but no luck.

So the maid of honor gave the bride such a rotten gift? Bad choice on the attendant! And to give a nice one to the groom! Hilarious!

It wasn't our gift, but many years ago some friends of ours got married. The maid of honor was living in Saudi Arabia at the time, and was ariving a few hours before the wedding. I volunteered to pick her up at the airport and get her to the ceremony. We had to go pick up her luggage, which included two nicely wrapped boxes about 1'x1'x4' tall. After the wedding when they were opening the gifts, the groom opened his. It was a beautiful men's hookah, with gold and enamel inlay, etc. Patty opened hers and got a matching woman's hookah, cheap white clay and a plastic hose. The various guests (especially family) were flabbergasted. I almost busted a gut. I tried for years to buy the set from them, but no luck.

This sounds like equality, Saudi Arabian style.

This sounds like equality, Saudi Arabian style.

Exactly. No insult intended, she bought them as a set. I suspect if she'd tried to buy two fancy ones as a wedding gift she'd have been locked up for supporting gay marriage or something. :LOL:

Really not that bad, but a family member gifted DW and I a conventional toaster once. We've used toaster ovens for many years, had a nice one, why on earth would we use a conventional toaster? However, I took it to work and donated it to the breakroom, and it's been happy ever since.
64112561_A_TFal4SliceToaster325.jpg

We have a toaster oven that's been in the garage for about 20 years, used it once. Burned out 3 toasters so far. To each his own, I guess. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom