"You weren't harmed" instead of "I'm sorry"

On the topic of apologizing: my sweet, quiet 17 yr old granddaughter has a part job at McDs. This grandmother sees the side benefit of her blossoming. She apologizes profusely & sincerely when customers complain: “Oh, someone left the catsup out of your takeout order? I am sooo sorry.” (while putting her hands to her chest). Customer responds: “That’s okay, honey.” Her boss has even acknowledged that she does this well & with such a sweet face that they don’t stay angry.
I told her that apology is a good life skill to have.

Ugh. Some dentists are shysters. When I was in my 20s, a dentist told me I needed a front tooth removed because he saw a dead nerve and it was going to fall out eventually. Fifty years later, it’s still there! Why would anyone agree to that? I also had another issue with a different dentist. The last time I got a cleaning, they had to do xrays first and found problems. What a shock. I got my cleaning and ignored their “advice.”

I've had the same dentist for 40+ years. Reading this thread makes me appreciate the the fact that we both have our guard down and we can work together at a personal level.

Likewise. My dentist OFTEN requires 1, 2, 3 even 4 returns to adjust a crown for bite. He (humorously) accuses me of being "the man with 17 bites. He always gets me situated and satisfied, gets me in on an emergency basis and never charges extra (he DOES charge plenty!:facepalm:)

He's not perfect but he is competent and gets the job done. He apologizes if he does make a mistake - and he makes it right. YMMV

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom