Hi I'm

NC Jayhawk

Confused about dryer sheets
Like many here, exchanging ideas on what works, what doesn't with our precious pennies we have saved for years.

I am anticipating retiring at 55, currently at 53. Live in Raleigh, NC, one of a few transplanted Kansans.

I have managed my own investments for years, and at least my brokerage, Fidelity is telling me with their new reporting tools that I have managed to return 5.48% overall in my investment portfolio annually since 2000, (not ideal, but ok I guess.)

Look forward to learning more about the experiences on this board.

Thanks,

Are you retiring in Raleigh? I have two brothers and a mother who live in Greensboro and W-S.

Z

Welcome, even though you are a Jayhawk, just kidding.
I'm a Kansas, go K-State, transplant in PA.

Thanks, well, we've been here for about 15 years, kids went to school here, so I guess this is where we call home and probably retirement. I have this idea though at some point to live in three or four spots during the course of a year. I just haven't worked it all through yet and have some time before getting to that point.

Is it true that everyone who lives in Raleigh has a vacation home on the coast as well?

Sorry, I must not be everyone. I'm just a primary residence as my only real estate type of guy. But the coast is very nice, when we go, we get a beachfront for a week and that work's fine.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom